Chapter 52: Flashbacks

Mikasa's POV

"That day. I didn't know where you were. I looked for you everywhere, even in our favorite place, and you weren't there. I was going insane." He continued to confess.

"Eren.." I called but he continued talking.

My tears are overflowing.

"I even called our friends, every one of them to ask where you were but they didn't know. I tried to get help to look for you but you were nowhere to be found. That's when I knew I lost you." He caressed my hair and I felt him kiss it.

"Eren you won't understand." I started but he still continues.

He won't understand that the only way to find out the truth behind the killings of my family is to wield money and power.

"And you came back to us like nothing happened. You didn't even say anything to me." I cried even harder as I felt his voice drop.

I opened my eyes as I felt tears on my pillow.

It was a dream back that night where I left him during Annie and Armin's wedding.

I put my hands over my face as I recalled what happened last night.

What have Eren become?

Am I the one who turned him like that?

Yeah, I keep on saying he changed but I didn't ask myself the reason why. He used to be like the sun, enthusiastic, but now he turned heartless and cold just like the moon.

The guilt from what I did back that night washed and resurfaced my mind as I turned my head up to watch the ceiling. My room looked the same. Even if the outside have got improved, it remained the same. Why?

"He really hates me." I said to myself as I hugged my knees.

I closed my eyes as I heard my stomach growling. Right, the clock says it's already 8 AM but I'm afraid to go out after what happened. I don't think I can face him or even join him at the table.

The truth is, this is my fault.

He's became a monster that he is because of me. I pushed him over the edge that he became like a total stranger to all of us. He lost everyone, including his mom who still probably lives in our house.

"But if I didn't leave that night, what will become of my grandpa left me. Who will take charge of everything?" I spoke.

The risk that someone will try to steal from the company he once built came to life as soon as I went back.

"Mikasa-sama. You must protect the assets of the company. You need to revise and implement strict policies or it will all turn out to be nothing. Our rivals are getting eager to steal the information regarding our products. This is something of your great concern as the heir. Something like this should never happen again. I'm glad you are back Mikasa-sama." Kiyomi bows as I looked outside. 

What could have happened if I didn't caught that spy skimming files in my office? Kiyomi was oblivious, that spy has been hired for months already. I never got interested on handling this company but this is where my mom came from so a part of me will always care about it even if I never really wanted to.

"Also, the Onyankopon Industries is interested in investing with our group. I have set the appointment tomorrow Mikasa-sama." Kiyomi says.

"Thank you Kiyomi." I spoke as I was still in deep thought thinking about what happened the other day.

I left him.