7- 'til infinity

The person who scores the lowest on the test... will find themselves expelled immediately.

Fearfully, M/n cast a glance at Izuku who amongst the crowd had clenched fists and a trembling stance. I don't think he has the facilities for that, big man.

Each test would determine the quirk and their user, the advancement of their gift and the power they stored within. Katsuki and his brother had trained since they were little for this day- to prove their worth.

But, things couldn't proceed without a little protest.

"Sending one of us home when we've fought so hard to get here?" A short, brown-haired girl caught M/n's attention, "That isn't fair!" Her voice was vulnerable, it seemed she had a lot to lose with her placement on the course teetering over a cliff. M/n shifted his eyes to Aizawa, awaiting his answer.

"Oh, and you think natural disasters are?" He admonished, a collective gasp was heard in response, "Or power hungry villains, hmm? Or catastrophic accidents that demolish entire cities? No. 

Some children have been plucked from society at a young age, already hashing out gruesome tasks to allow people such as yourselves to have the luxury of protected training, while they underwent some traumatic experience at the expense of now having no choice but to work for the government." Shota didn't need to make eye contact with who he was so casually referring to.

M/n tensed but held back a sound of betrayal. It's true. It was his place, since then, now and forever. He had no cause to fight the facts Aizawa was spitting.

"The world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to combat that.
It's here at U.A that over three years you will be thrown many hardships, many 'unfair' obstacles to overcome, only for you to strengthen from there and become what you've set out to be by being on this course.

This is my class, my rules, and I say; the weakest are not fit for my teaching. Take that as you will, unfair or not, but I don't have time for those who give up at the first hurdle."

M/n had to lower his head and try not to burn holes in the ground with his glare. Shota was always a hard nut to crack, his exterior scratchy and cold, but pitting kids against one another when they've already made it this far?

He was well aware Aizawa had expelled an entire class before as they were not up to his standards. He'd also put many cocky YHA members in their place, taken them off their pedestals and sent them packing.

Shota Aizawa had M/n's respect as a comrade, pro and friend. But this was harsh. And yet, the tall blond boy was almost ready to drop his spot and go. He still felt like a pitiful fraud, and after hearing the brown haired girl's cries of objection, a true guilt bubbled within.

What did he have to lose?

くコ:彡

After the grip strength test, M/n wondered if he should tone it down. It's not like he could help it though; his quirk did require most of his strength in his hands and arms.

He was used to gripping metal until it pulverised and melted under his heat. So really, this was nothing.

'480.1 kg' his machine chirped, sending a few shivers down the older Bakugou's classmates. Beside him he heard a robotic voice announce '540.0kg'. Holy hell.

M/n turned to the boy beside him who silently place his kettlebell down. M/n had stressed his fingers a little and melted the handle completely, the tar now dripping onto the screen of the machine, causing sparks to fly.

"Dude, that's some awesome strength you've got," M/n beamed at the tall, grey haired male who looked taken aback at the compliment, "I mean, it's no doubt with your arms, but still- amazing!"