8- step back and observe

Class 1-A cautiously watched the two ash blondes, breathing heavily, shoulders heaving. The older Bakugou's arms were lit up like a homicidal Christmas tree- a searing white with red sparks.

It seemed, however, M/n was the only one to restrain himself. He took a glance at the class who warily watched his arms, and began clenching and unclenching his hands in order to cool down his exterior. A feeling of embarrassment rose in him; this wasn't how a member of the YHA acted.

"Katsuki." He called for his brother to take his eyes off a trembling Midoriya, yet the younger blond had woken up an chose violence.

"You filthy lying basSTAARRD!" Katsuki raged and in a second left his brother's side. Charging at Izuku, who squeaked like a mouse, the red eyed demon accused further of Midoriya's lies. "EXPLAIN YOURSELF, DAMN NERD! YOU HAD A QUIRK THIS WHOLE TIME- JUST SO YOU COULD WHAT?! SHOW ME UP, YOU DECEIVING RUNT-"

His twin's expletives were cut off by Aizawa's capturing weapon, a series of carbon fibre bandages that whipped out from his scarf.

Shota's hair flayed around in fury, his eyes glowing a menacing red. The explosions that emmited from Katsuki's palms ceased under the quirk cancellation.

"I'm getting serious dry eye with you kids losing control, keep it to yourself Bakugou, you look foolish." Shota warned and released the seething blond from his cage. Katsuki held a rattling breath and sent Midoriya one last glare.

M/n looked down at his clenched fist and cooled his breathing.

Why was he so mad? Let's break it down:

Because Izuku had lied, stubbed their friendship and had possibly done something stupid to achieve his dream at the cost of hurting himself.

Maybe.

Feeling his skin rapidly returning to normal, M/n forced himself to look at Midoriya.

He must've had a reason to keep this a secret.

He's still the boy that ran to rescue my brother while quirkless.

Whatever it was, Midoriya had made his decision; taken a path that led to where he was today. M/ n couldn't prevent that. He also couldn't bare to interact with the boy right now.

His fist unclenched as he released a long held breath.

くコ:彡

The results of the test were finally revealed.

1st - Momo Yaoyarozo

2nd- Shoto Todoroki

3rd- M/n Bakugou

4th- Katsuki Bakugou

M/n's eyes trailed to the last name, this person's fate hung over everyone's heads. They'd be expelled.

Red pupils constricted at the name as he bit his tongue.

21st- Izuku Midoriya

He watched Izuku's head drop, readying for the ceremony of being sent off the pitch in disgrace. M/n wasn't sure if he should go and offer him words of well done, you made it this far. I'm proud.

And he was. M/n looked at his feet. How could he be mad with the boy that so often clutched to him in fear or consolidation, who confidently expressed his dreams of helping others. No bone in Izuku Midoriya was mean, or ever wanted to hurt others to make it to the top. He was proud.

The expulsion threat was a ruse, apparently, to make everyone try their best. Manipulation at its best.

To say M/n was ticked off would be an understatement. Yet Momo confusedly confirmed she knew all along. Would've been nice to know.

くコ:彡

"Bakugou, stay behind with me please," Aizawa said as everyone made their way off the pitch. At the turn of two heads he drawled out, "the tall one." Katsuki released a scream and explosion.

M/n jogged to stand in front of his teacher, shamefully rubbing his forearms and preparing an apology for how his quirk flared up with his unbridled emotions.

"You can come out now," Aizawa sighed. M/n was startled as a large yellow form shadowed him and the scruffy male. It was... All Might?

"Aizawa," All Might got straight to criticism, "you're a liar, you've expelled an entire class before, I've heard of how harsh you are on students- yet you deceived them!"

Aizawa smirked, "I only kick out those with zero potential, it would be cruel to keep them dreaming when they have no chance. I can tell Midoriya has that potential, that's why I kept him on. But, hey?" The two males' eyes met in a tough contest, "why only the worry over Midoriya? Could it be the number one hero is choosing favourites already?"

At this All Might tried to sputter out an excuse. He warily waved his hands, remembering a young man was right beside him, listening to the conversation.

All Might sighed and furrowed his brow at Aizawa who turned his attention to Bakugou.

"M/n," Aizawa smiled and opened his arms a fraction, M/n took the initiative and gave him a brief hug, cracking a tired grin.

"Shota," M/n huffed, "good to see you man,"

Oh, so only I'm picking favourites? All Might rolled his eyes to the sky, yet a smile rested as he saw the younger express joy.

"You did well today, I'm glad you've expanded on your quirk's use, using more of the kinetic build up," the teacher nodded at his student's awareness,

"Well, when an old man gives advice, it's best to stick to it," M/n chuckled when Aizawa gave him a lazy punch to the shoulder.

The young blond looked between Mr Yagi and Shota, creasing his brows.
"You guys going to this meeting next week? Seems important."

Aizawa nodded with folded arms.

"Most certainly," Mr Yagi turned serious, "it will be a mission kept slim of participants, I believe."

"So, a selective assignment. Haven't we done enough in the southern precincts?" M/n asked, "I thought you and Sir Nighteye were close to finishing on leads?" He pointed out to All Might.

Resting his chin on two fingers, All Might hummed. "We've done well so far, eliminating the Yakuza's intel in those districts. We know All For One is still at large."

"Pfft when is he not, eyes and ears everywhere. But," Aizawa shifted his gaze around the empty pitch, a scratchy breeze rustled the three men, "let's save this for the meeting."

"Cool," M/n nodded and lightly pushed the no.1's large arm, "see you tomorrow, teach." He smirked and made his way to the U.A entrance where Katsuki was waiting.

Both pros watched the young man leave, their smiles falling.

"It was wrong to withhold that information, Aizawa. He does so much for the association, the least we could do is-"

"Yagi," Shota sighed, "with all respect, it isn't our place. We'll raise our voices when the time nears, but," Aizawa watched the blond disappear from sight, "for now, the board has made their decision. He's a strong kid, he was chosen for a reason."

"He's still a child." Toshinori grit out, feeling the tension reclaim itself between them.

"He's a part of us, he has a duty. But like I said, Bakugou was chosen because of his perseverance. But God do I wish they'd leave him alone."

"Agreed."