16- pride's gonna be the death of you & me

"Have no fear students: I am here."

About time, M/n huffed and sprinted toward the back of the hulking Nomu, with intent to wholeheartedly harm and endanger the abomination.

くコ:彡

When All Might's foot pushed off from the top step, M/n's fingernail scraped the shoulderblade of the hulking Nomu before him. As the young boy's feet left solid ground, ready to rip the threat away from Midoriya's's face, a strong arm wrapped itself around his waist and hauled him to safety.

In a split second, the number one hero had taken down the rest of the pitiful league and now cradled two damaged men in his arms. M/n's bloody cheek was smushed against All Might's shoulder.

The hero was shaking in painful regret as he look down at the unconscious man, wheezing raspy breaths and fighting for his life, and the teenager thrust into taking on the role of a martyr.

"I'm sorry you two, for not being here sooner." All Might's voice was small. M/n recognised that voice. He'd spoken with that tongue before. Shame.

He turned to face the curators of villainy and in the the blink of a cerulean eye young Midoriya, Asui and Mineta found themselves in the hero's firm, protective grasp.

The hand over Shigiraki's face was forcefully ripped off. M/n's heart was trilling like a humming bird's- the villains needed to go. He was going to warn them, to warn both sides, but instead only found himself gripping All Might tighter, sweating and shaking profusely.

"What the heck?" Mineta was shooketh at his speedy rescue, the pro was crouched with a protective hand on Aizawa's back.

"Everybody back to the entrance- and take Aizawa with you. He doesn't have much time." All Might instructed, compliently Asui and the short grape lookin' thing picked their dismantled teacher up.

Midoriya stood beside his childhood best friend, the tall ash-blond working his shoulder in a circular motion to regain feeling in his arm. He looked at his idol in awe then turned to the hair-giver.

"You saved us." The comment for the two he stood honourably between. M/n shook his head, bitter about receiving the compliment.

"I don't know man, it was just improvised and-"

"Ohmygodjusttakethefrickencomplimeeeeentttt-" Deku screeched.

くコ:彡

Muttering anxiously to himself, Shigiraki replaced the cold hand to his face and looked onward at the two prominent blonds in his way.

"Of course government heroes rely on violence... he's not as fast as I thought he would be, not as fast as he used to be, I guess it's true..." The blue haired villain grinned maliciously to himself, red eyes dilating in tantalising realisation, "All Might really is getting weaker."

Through the dead fingers clamped to his face, Shigiraki's eyes met M/n's trembling form. The boy too, his grin became euphoric, there's still so much to break.
Still so much to rewire in that heroic little brain. But we're not the parasite in his hardware, we're the reboot.

くコ:彡

With Aizawa slung over his back, Midoriya worriedly confronted his personal trainer/ father figure/ local hair dealer.

"All Might you can't, that brain villain took One for-" he hastily glanced at his listening classmates, "- uh, I smashed him and didn't break my arm this time! He wasn't phased at all- he's too strong!"

"Young Midoriya!" The pro's outburst startled the taller Bakugou beside him, "I got this." He struck a kawaii girl pose and watched proudly as his three students began taking their weary teacher and themselves to safety.