34- adele kinnie

To get to the main points of action and to progress the story, 2 battles have been cut:  Tokoyami vs Mina Ashido and Katsuki Bakugou vs Eijiro Kirishima, sorry in advance.

Also Dabi identity spoiler

When the stadium shook like a volcano, M/n found himself picking up the pace to find out what had happened.

A severely solid wind pushed him backward, so he gripped onto the staircase rail and let flecks of concrete and the smell of disintegration rake through his tufts of hair.

A great, white blazing fire had erupted down below in the belly of the gladiator pit, and Cementos had put up a lined wall of defence to decrease damage, yet it was all brushed aside in a BOOM.

As the crowd choked on the thick smoke, it cleared eventually to reveal the answer to the question: Who was still standing?

M/n wafted his hand in front of his face and made his way to the front of the seating area, searching for that answer. Heat prickled his neck, his cheeks, and soaked into his eyelashes, his gums, his bones. 

He suddenly had a feeling of who won, and a great smile settled on his face, almost a smirk. He watched his childhood best friend's body slump to the ground dramatically after being blasted into a wall.

And a wave of excitement surged in the older Bakugou, finding it hard to reign in his mounting adrenaline, bounced on the balls of his feet like a child seeing a party trick.

The want, the need, the extravagant pull that made him want to shake the ground harder than these two had done and drain every last drop of hellish heat stored in his pores- it was maddening, it was sickening, and it was so.

So. Good.

くコ:彡

People were still reeling from the Quarter-final round in which Bakugou M/n had shown little hesitation or mercy on his vine-wielding opponent, Ibara Shiozaki.

Class 1-A side glanced the boy they deemed an older sibling, and the stadium's air was rushed and infused with the whispers of 'those Bakugou boys, neither will show mercy on a girl.'

M/n only chuffed at the circling fear that wrapped and squeezed around his throat, adjusting himself in his seat to appear unbothered.

He didn't think he'd been too harsh: ten minutes in, seven minutes because he counted each second the girl failed miserably to coil him up in her overflowing locks, he extracted and and put into practice a move he'd been working on absentmindedly since the day he first used it.

Katsuki's eyes had noticeably widened as he recognised the attack: Excorcist's Shining Sword, a stupid name for a deadly offence.

First used nearly a year ago on that sludge villain- the first blow the monster took from the first person to break the crowd and rescue his brother.

That move had cost the sludge abomination an eye, and Katsuki could remember the distinct hissing and crackling of the villain's eyeball as a forearm, blazing white and sharp-edged, sliced through it like soft butter, a satisfying thunk when his twin's hand met eye-socket.

The stench of mutated tears and flesh made the younger boy shiver as he pushed the memory aside.

Ibara's hair was sliced, the ends (or what remained from the blow) were frazzled, burnt and twisted like the twigs of a tree abandoned in a forest fire. Her exceptional hair didn't have the strength to grow back and rejuvenate, no matter how much strain and tears she forced into it.

Bakugou M/n had seized her by the scalp, palm still sizzling what greenery remained, and thrown her like a shot put.

She had lain crumpled out of bounds, her short bob of hair the colour of charcoal, and she had released a stream of whimpers when Midnight approached and lay a hand on her.

M/n only furrowed his brow at his hand that twitched to help the girl up, and got angrier and angrier as his heart twinged at her soft sobs: "my hair... my hair", "It's okay, my dear," Midnight had soothed, "your hair is still lovely, there, there."

Absentmindedly, almost half of Class 1-A touched their hair, each reassuring themselves, and vowing to stay cautious around him when they felt they were looking particularly good. He might just burn off what they loved. 

Mina Ashido was glued to her seat, eyes stinging and throat dry. Her heart shattered at Ibara's sobs and Present Mic's flabbergasted response to the match, accidentally calling M/n 'hell hands' and 'would be a good punchline in a wig factory.'

But what tugged sorrowfully at her arteries was the forgiveness that pooled within as she saw his hand ache to reach out to his opponent, and the hatred for himself dwelling in his down-turned face.

She gasped when Ochako and Yaomomo each grabbed her arm to ground themselves, the three silently watching him walk away.

くコ:彡

He'd promptly turned on his heel and slunk away into the darkened tunnel awaiting his fall from grace.

Midnight had uselessly called out to him so she could announce him the winner, to which he ignored her and found himself where he remained now.

Just like the beginning, he was back to sitting far away from everyone else, wishing he could just be invisible, tucking his still blazing hands into himself, turning them over and over like a blacksmith sharpening his tools.

Meanwhile, crouched on his grotty gaming chair, a dead-eyed man named Tomura Shigiraki was laughing and shaking with insidious joy.

His little soldier being so ruthless gave him satisfaction that nothing could compare to. 

Little did the villain know, soon he'd be fearing for his life.

くコ:彡

Todoroki had watched M/n's match, furrowed his eyebrows at the cold-hearted events played out, and pulled at his collar when he remembered the eyes that looked at him after his fight against Midoriya.

When the smoke had cleared and Cementos had muttered about 'not all power being good', the youngest Todoroki with 3/4s of his shirt still attached to his limbs, had glanced up to see the shock instilled on his class' face.

Subconsciously he'd taken a step back as a pair of thrilled, ruby-red eyes met his, and he swallowed the fat lump in his throat. Because Bakugou M/n looked... excited by the chaos.

And now here he was, as part of the final four competitors, in the first set of the semi-finals.

"With both of them showing fiery attributes and intelligible morals, it's the sport festival's own Dondo-yaki!" Present Mic yelled (screamed) in Aizawa's ear as the bandaged man straightened up.

Enthusiasm pitched itself up like a spot-light shining on the two boys, shadows of giants stretching from their tall-standing statures.

Gods among men.

"From the hero course, it's Todoroki Shoto! Versus--

Also from the hero course, Bakugou M/n!" 

Steadying his breath, Shoto prepared for what was going to be an easy win.

Another Todoroki, streaming the festival illegally on his busted tv, grinned wolfishly while licking his charred lips.

This was going to prove if that brat Bakugou really paid attention during their training.

Omg
Get ya'll's marshmallows out, it's about to get toasty 👹🔥

If M/n gets too feisty Mina will throw popcorn kernels at him lmao