14- into the un(known)

11 years ago

Katsuki Bakugou looked like a tiny hamster in a sea of white sheets. At the head of a very long hospital bed, he sat upright with two thick pillows behind him.

All day he'd been spoonfed pudding like a prince, had his bedding fluffed and told his crayon drawings were amazing- fit for a gallery.
He was smug about this, all the cooing and high-pitched voices pumping his ego.

The little blond brat had his hands behind his head, a smile on his face. Until someone knocked on the door.

A blonde woman and a brown haired man entered with a squishy thing attached to the man's leg. The squishy thing wiped his eyes, having previously been shouted at in the car, and shakily placed a small bouquet of flowers at the end of Katsuki's bed.

"Hello darling," Mitsuki sighed tiredly and  kissed her bedridden son's head. Katsuki gruffly crossed his arms as his mother and father pinched his cheeks and gave him light kisses. His superiority had been turned mushy by these sympathetic things he had to call parents.

After the smothering, Mitsuki straightened up and walked behind her eldest son. She placed her hand on his upper back and prodded him forward.

M/n stumbled a bit, twisting his hands in the hem of his stripey t-shirt. Scorch marks littered his small dungarees where he'd rubbed his sweaty hands.

"h-hi, suki." M/n mumbled, wanting this visit to be short yet not wanting to be back in the car so soon.

Katsuki noticed his twin's red-rimmed eyes and raw cheeks. It looked like he'd been slapped. Clenching his fist, the younger blond shuffled in his bed and pat the space beside him. With a wavering smile M/n hopped onto the bed and lay on the pillow beside his brother.

"We'll leave you guys for a bit, M/n remember we're not allowed to stay long sweetie." Masaru smiled as he took his wife's hand. Mitsuki waved at her youngest and exited the room in search of the hospital's café.

The siblings were silent for a while. The clock ticking heavily in the background made M/n scratch his neck.

"Did the hag do that?" Katsuki spoke first, making his brother jump. Softly rubbing his blazing cheek, M/n nodded.

"i des-deserved it." M/n looked at his small clutched hands sadly, feeling his eyes water.

"No you didn't, don't be stupid," the littlest one furrowed his brows.

"but you're here because of me, Suki," M/n swallowed his burning tears, "i hurt you,"

"On accident, don't be lame like the hag and push-over and blame it on you. You hugged too tight and, well..." Katsuki motioned at his bandages arms.

A year into having a quirk, M/n was hugging his brother, and had burned him severely. Yet Katsuki didn't cry at all, he let the hag take over the worrying. M/n had been hastily snatched away by his father, told not to touch anyone, just to be cautious; Masaru was always a worry-wort.

"suppose we match now." M/n raised his arms, which throughout his childhood always seemed to be wrapped up. It wasn't his fault. When he held things too long they heat up,  melt and most likely stick to his skin.

"We match anyways idiot!" Katsuki burst into laughter at his twin's weird comment, this made M/n giggle. Slowly, M/n leant on the younger's shoulder, Katsuki rested his head on M/n's. "If I'm gonna be the number one hero, I have to get burned-" M/n winced, "-and hurt, otherwise I'll cry about everything like you, and a hero can't go around crying all the time."