35- I'll wait for you to catch up

Mitsuki was fluffing the cushions on the sofa for the sixth time, the ice in her tropical cocktail had melted, perspiration staining the coffee table, yet she didn't seem to care.

She felt the creases of her furniture, her eyes glued to the television screen, she maintained a quiet atmosphere- so unlike the Bakugou household, and breathed quietly, ribcage trembling with every exhale.

Her boy was head to head against Endeavour's son, the vessel of fire and ice.

Cautiously she sat down, listening to the hum of chatter the stadium produced- people were disregarding her sons as cruel opponents; that fight against the brunette with a bob fabricated a hostile image of them. And that poor girl with burned off hair, it was hard to look away as her collapsed form trembled and grasped at charcoal strands.

In the kitchen, bouncing off the tiles and steaming pots, was a horrendous sound. The phone ringing, and ringing, and wailing for her to pick it up. Yet this time, something Kurutta never anticipated, she ignored the call. Bated breath on the outcome of this fight.

くコ:彡

Masaru Bakugou lay a sweaty hand against his portable radio. In his dimly lit office, with slanting concrete roof and sheets of paper stuck and wafting on every surface, the shrill screams and dull murmurs of Present Mic and Eraserhead contrasted as he stitched a needle into fabric.

No screens were allowed in the office, no matter how hard he begged to watch his sons- not so much about competing, but checking they were okay- his boss refused.

"You'll get distracted. I'm sorry, I know it's an important day, but we can't afford you spilling blood when one of your boys gets put down. (God knows it'd be good if someone took them down a peg.)" The board had decided, that last comment hidden behind a napkin and not heard by the father as he reluctantly trailed away to his uncomfortable chair and hunched-over desk.

His phone still lay face up. Amongst the coffee ring stains and graphite crumbs, absently scratched fingernails, pointless designs, amongst all he was meant to be focused on, he was still waiting.

Just in case one of his boys decided to fall back, to give him a call, a text, a 'read' on his many messages. He'd be there, always, on the other end of the wire.

くコ:彡

Surprisingly, Todoroki was the first to speak as they each got into their stance.

"This will be quick, Bakugou, I don't want to punish you in order to please my father- you do wrong by him, and I respect that." 

Hitching a smirk he couldn't control, M/n waved him off: "Your daddy is the least of my concerns-" he watched Todorki's feet in anticipation, then glanced up into heterochromatic eyes, "-this is you and I, right? We're not fighting in the name of those who have pushed us here," Kurutta you bitch, he closed his eyes for a second, "we're fighting for ourselves. Now pull yourself together already- show me how you want to take me down!"

A sharp tingling zapped and clenched Todoroki's spine, Bakugou's cry to act now pulled him into automatically stamping his foot down, thick ice flayed across the stadium like a boat's bow and stretched skyward, piercing the air.

Jogging left, another wall of prickly ice cut him off and connected to the previous one chasing him. Trapped in a triangle formation, M/n looked panicky on his feet, hopping like a hare across hot coals. The image of the older, quick-witted Bakugou looking stuck on what to do pleased Todoroki as he neared the wide berth left between his entrapment.

The only way out was forward, and Todoroki shifted into a stance that said 'this is where it ends', as he held his arm out to send one last wave.

M/n's eyes ghosted over with tears, holding his arms in a cross before his face, his body twisted like he were ready to fall to his knees.