24- katy perry (UASF arc begins)

Bakugou Katsuki isn't an idiot.

He knows when something is up, not much can get past him. He remained one of the most precise and observant people M/n had ever dealt with, always watching (Wazowski, always watching) and calculating.

What was happening before his eyes confirmed Bakugou Katsuki was not an idiot.

"Over the past two weeks, seven unprompted strikes on abandoned industrial quarters on the coast of Musutafu have been reported."
the news presenter clasped her manicured fingers upon the desk, "Local police were alerted to each area after noise disturbances rang in, one eyewitness had this to say:"

"Around 4 in the morning," a fisherman in his beanie looked past the camera, a haunted look pasted his eyes, "doing my usual round on the boat- when this, this giant explosion knocked me completely outta the hull.

Whole ship's up in flames and I- I look up from my place bobbing in the water, and these two- god, I dunno, people, I guess? Are walking outta the warehouse that just blew up, laughing and, oh my god," he shivered as tears welled in his eyes, "they just kept laughing, smoke everywhere."

The rest of the report blurred into white noise as Katsuki finished his cereal.

He jumped when a hand slammed against the doorframe, spoon clanking inside the bowl causing him to wince and scowl.

"Ready to go?" His older twin hefted his bag on his shoulder. Today was the big day.

Katsuki followed wordlessly behind.
Warehouses, empty, blown up and buildings set on fire. Over the two weeks they were supposed to be training?

What he didn't know was that the association had threatened one journalist into deleting their entire work. Commissioner Kurutta's wrinkly hand settled heavily on the print that would've equalled downfall if published for the public eye.

"Mysterious figure spotted inside burning building, walks out completely fine."

A chilling black and white image showed a hazy form against a blurred warehouse. Seemingly a body on fire with arms spread in glee. A second, darker figure beside them, clapping.

くコ:彡

M/n wasn't that interested with anything around him. Mind too full of what had happened, and what was going to happen. The task resting on his shoulders.

A hasty tug on his side made him pluck out an earbud.

"Duuude," Kaminari sounded exasperated as he looked up into bored, red eyes, "Endeavour's son totally just threatened Midoriya and the entire class. Why didn't you, like, diffuse the situation like you normally do?"

When the electric blond finished whining, M/n shrugged his shoulders.

"Not my problem, don't care." He shoved the earbud back in as he amusedly watched Kirishima cradle his dejected hand shoved off IcyHot's shoulder.

As the music bunged up his eardrums, he smiled with wavering confidence.

That's what I have to do, right? Act like I don't care. He assured himself. I'm not their stupid big brother or anything; they're just classmates. I shouldn't care at all about them.

Right?

They're just... what's the word?

Extras.

くコ:彡

The light at the end of the tunnel blinded M/n so lazily he raised an arm to effectively block out the dazzling sun.