19- as the world caves in

M/n had been asleep for a good while now, the events piled onto him finally slipped and buried him underneath.

Inko had held his cheek and kissed his temple one last time before slipping away from her exhausted boy.

M/n squeezed his eyes and shifted as the room got colder, like a presence had faded. The perfume from the vase of (favourite/flowers) blocked his consciousness as a loud snore ripped through him. A nurse outside his curtain dropped her clipboard in shock at the sound.

Half the day had passed, the sun now mellow and cast over his draped arms. His disentegrated cheek was graphed and fixed, only a small patch of a scar rested at the corner of his jaw. His arm needed the magic kiss of recovery girl, but aside from that, Bakugou M/n was fine.

Yawning, he got up from his creaky bed and swept the curtain aside, a new mission in mind.

Padding feet along the hallways, M/n made his way to where his friend was currently being mummified. Sighing in relief at a glance of long black hair, M/n knocked and pushed his way into Aizawa's room.

"Who TP'd you, want me to get them back?" M/n tried to hide his smile at Shota's grunt of annoyance. Wincing slightly, M/n shuffled to the chair beside the bed and slowly sat down.
He knew he couldn't offer comfort like his second mom, no one could compare, so instead he and Aizawa shared a silence.

"Kid," M/n's head snapped up, "are you proud of yourself?"

M/n's heart stopped.

"Of what happened out there?" Aizawwa continued, staring forward leaving M/n in the shadows.

Shit. Does he know?

"I think I could've helped sooner." M/n answered, hoping they were on the same wave length. "I'm sorry I ran with the rest-"

"You're a student, M/n. Of course you were meant to run, why would I let you stay and fight?" Aizawa sounded confused.

"Because." M/n chuckled, "I'm a member of the Young Hero Association, I'm like you, I have a job-"

"-No." Aizawa cut him off frustratedly, "The only thing you have is homework and the naive kindness to help Kaminari with his. You don't have to fight, M/n. You're still a kid."

M/n's brows tensed, locking eyes with his teacher.
"Yeah," he laughed humourlessly, "a kid who's done this before, has experience-"

"-Of what? Fake dating and melting locks?" Aizawa scoffed, "not the same as what you did out there, kid. That was reckless."

"I've fought villains before!" M/n's chair scraped back as he stood, good fist clenched.

"Oh right, and that really shone through, huh?" Aizawa's eyes were cold as they sliced through M/n's form, "shouting out your brother's name, my name? A one on one with the ring-leader? That the work of a person with experience?"

A shout got caught in M/n's throat as his eyes stung.

"I wasn't gonna leave you there, Shota." M/n looked down at the floor.

"It's Mister Aizawa to you."
The man closed his eyes as the door to his room slammed.

くコ:彡

The last thing M/n's broken ulna bone needed was a volcanic palm pressing against it, but he couldn't stop gripping it. The numbing quality to heavenly heat kept him from punching someone.

He let go, steam rising from the newly formed patch of red skin, and tore his curtain away to reveal something that dampened his mood.

The petals of (favourite/flowers) were already wilting, as if something had drawn the life out of them.