41 - The Twin Theory

All men are not created equal.

But what if they were the same end of the magnet, pushing toward each other, yet never touching, matching each other's strength with unparalleled power. Would one ever conquer the other?

That is why they were created. To answer this dire question.

くコ:彡

Thinking back on his research which began at about the age of twelve, Deku began to speak coherently for once: 

"The theory is simple yet complex at the same time. It spanned back since the first set of twins born with quirks, well the first ones recorded. In Brazil they grew up and each got quirks that complimented one another; one had the ability to condense moisture particles in the air to make water and the other could freeze things.

With this newfound capability they began making and selling popsicles with their combined quirks, and for a while it was called the Popsicle Theory. Cases emerged where twins were born with contrasting quirks that effectively brought out the best in each other- the Sharpe twins from the USA were able to solidify and liquify metals, the Lavigne twins from France could sweeten or sour edible material-"

"Ah, my parents visited their restaurant last year, a quaint little vineyard. But they passed away long ago, no?" Aoyama butted in, Deku nodded with bashfully red cheeks, feeling downtrodden about being interrupted.

"Yeah, but their contributions to the research is still notable. So many duplicates were born with quirks that went together, balanced each other out perfectly." 

"And this affects them how exactly? Are the Bakubros gonna open a restaurant?" Kirishima piped up, side-eying the gory thrashing that was commencing just beyond the railing. Wincing as M/n's fist impacted his twin's jaw with a crunch, he waited for Deku to satisfy his curiosity. 

"Um, no, it'd burn down a week after the grand opening. But, around when they were maybe eleven, I noticed that whenever they fought, rough-housing or generally releasing pent up anger, they could never really damage one another.

Sure there were cuts and scrapes, but nothing impactful occurred between them- punches and such were only equally met with the same force and nothing came from it, nothing to danger their mortality.

I would be at their house, watching them fight in the backyard, and that's when I saw it. Their quirks emulated each other, almost in sync to back the other up. With Kachaan's quirk: Explosion, he needs to produce sweat infused with nitroglycerin.

Aniki's quirk, Therma-blast, heats up, obviously, which induces his brother's quirk- expanding his pores, making him sweat more and build up more of the toxin, creating bigger explosions. Bigger explosions impact Aniki greatly because he can store up the kinetic and thermic energy of a blast-"

"Like when he used Iida's kick to block that monster at the USJ?" Sero inquired, rubbing the nape of his neck as he recalled the horrifying events. He could still remember Kirishima's harrowing description of the bone poking from his classmate's arm.

"Yes, exactly. Bigger booms create more energy for him to soak up and store, making him accessible to more heat radiation and able to create explosions. That's why, for the longest time, I believed the theory applied to them exponentially."

"I mean, it makes sense, kinda." Uraraka tapped her chin thoughtfully, mulling over the new information as the rest of the class squinted their eyebrows and hummed smartly.

"Mm. Sadly, a few years back the theory was debunked. It was recorded that a lot of twins were being born with differentiating quirks that in no way related to each other- sure they matched their parents' or ancestry, but the contrasting link was lost between biological twins, the genealogical science fizzled out as finding complimentary twins became rare.

I know it's rash, and maybe even foolish." He mossy-haired boy gulped in a big breath that swelled his chest as he looked back out to the ghastly fight, "But I think they really are two halves that make a whole. One cannot injure the other immensely, and neither can topple. They're equal, and their quirks only aid each other."

"It's... sad. Sad but reassuring." a calm voice spoke, and Deku turned to Yaoyarozo who held a sobbing Mina in her arms, too overwhelmed by the heat and razor-sharp emotions flitting about, "That no matter what situation they're forced into, even fighting like enemies, they're subconsciously helping one another. That's a special bond."

"That's a nice thought. I like th-that." Mina hiccupped softly into her friend's shoulder.

Growing quiet, Izuku hastily wiped at the tears that began to stream down his face and looked back at the nightmare on display.

"Yeah, that is a nice thought."

Short chapter ayyee 

More fighting to come, you don't wanna miss out >:) 

Hopefully the theory makes sense, I've planned it for a long time, and even though it's 'debunked'... I like to think it still applies to the twins :)

tell me what u think,,(is it dumb?😩 Maybe 💀 but keep that to yourself fr I can't handle it))

Leicester <33