26- better than nothing

"It appears everyone is stumped on how to cross the inferno's path!" Mic yelled, all eyes on the screen watching conflicted emotions flit over the young heroes faces, "How to get past them, it'll surely be-- matte, why-- why's the ground glowing?!"

Gasps elicited from the stands as indeed the commentator's words were confirmed. The dust had long cleared, and there at the foot of a robot was a human-sized hole, and trailing after Todoroki was some kind of-- underground meteorite?

The older Bakugou sharply flew in a straight line under four feet of dirt, the pure heat created, swiping soil an inch from his face and coming from his feet and palms emitted an orange trail with purple streaks.

When he felt it was time, M/n resurfaced by punching upward through layers of earth. He hacked up a few clumps of dirt from his lungs and continued to run beside Todoroki who had definitely felt a rumbling under his feet.

"And remember, with a little heat domination (and an insane amount of pressure) you too can look like me." M/n gave a wave to Todoroki as he skimmed past, "Ka-chow!"

"'Kachow?'" Shoto repeated under his breath, shielding his eyes from the blast of hot air Bakugou left behind.

くコ:彡

M/n's rushing feet came to a sudden hault, the weight of gravity pulling on his chin as he waved his arms in a circular motion to stop himself falling into the canyon below.

"Gosh," he brought his hand to perch on his eyebrows, looking across the massive crevice filled with pillars of rock and crossing wires- presumably the only way to cross. "Whoa, man."

Todoroki had caught up and nearly toppled to an early death if it weren't for M/n grabbing the back of his shirt collar. When stable on his feet, M/n let go of the ice dispenser, the two contemplating how to cross The Fall.

However, Shoto was already making his way across the wires, using his ice to easily skid along. This left M/n huffing, as behind him he heard the rumbling of the competition's feet, like a herd of beasts.

A truly evil plan was concocted, and in no time he was already making his way across.

くコ:彡

Katsuki was ahead of those stupid extras-- that Kerropi™ rip-off was shimmying her way across while some enthusiastic freak from the support course was laughing manically behind him.

Using his explosions to maneuver over the rock forms, he had his sights set on that half-n-half bastard.

A loud "WHOOP!" made his explosions stutter as he glanced down into the abyss below. A figure with ash blond hair was swinging on the wires, melting them at connection point and twisting through the formations like a calculated madman.

On the cliff far back, Uraraka and Mina whined at seeing a majority of the wires had been seared off by something hot.

"Aww man," Ochacko looked at the metal cords swinging below, fibres whistling in the breeze," Someone's cut us off!"

"Hmm," Yaoyorozu, who had just joined them on the ledge, held her chin with an upset frown, "it's quite obvious who is to blame..."

"The taller Bakugou..." The three girls muttered, listening to the joyous boy screaming in the distance before elevating his body onto the other side.

"Sorry, ladies!" His shout echoed. They could hear the smirk in his voice.

"At least try to sound sorry!" Mina yelled back as he giggled and ran off behind his brother, finding himself in third place.

くコ:彡

"A mine field?!" M/n was stepping on the lighter patches of dirt to deter getting blasted away- although he was fairly used to that due to, well, y'know.