11- all my troubles on a burning pile

In the nurse's office, All Might reverted to his weak form and saw an unconscious Midoriya lying on a stiff bed. His arm was bandaged up, and his eyelids flickered with the opening and closing of the door.

The no.1 hero sighed wearily at the boy's state. He had a lot of pressure on him, being the next of kin for his overwhelming quirk. Another who was aware of this was U.A's resident caregiver, Recovery Girl. She too sighed, and held a disappointed expression, not in her patient, but his mentor.

"This is the third time this boy has come in here, critically injured," she cinched her brows at the skeletal man, "your quirk is overworking him and I swear-

"Let's keep our voices down about," he shifted his eyes to the door, "about you know what." Grandma Chiyo sighed. "The knowledge of my quirk is granted to you, the principal and a few chosen others. It can't get beyond these walls," he glanced at Midoriya, "and I know the toll it's having on him."

"Do you?" The small woman challenged, "what about your true form? Who knows about that?"

All Might rubbed his temples and recalled those who specifically held that knowledge.

"Those aware are the faculty here at U.A, young Midoriya and one Young Hero Association member-"

"Bakugou M/n?" she enquired, All Might's eyes widened at her quick guess.

"How did you know it wasn't young Mirio or..." he stopped talking as her hard stare was shot at him. She looked at the youth currently cradled on her healing bed.

She thought back to the many Young Hero Association aftermaths she'd been called to.

"That boy... he saw you while you both fought a battle, after shifting to your true form you fled, and he was left there, battered and bleeding out, do you know how hard it was to see a young boy in that condition?" Toshinori gulped,

"I had to reassure him of your condition, he was slightly delirious but I wouldn't be surprised if he still remembers. Do you know what he did, All Might?"

The pro shook his head, rubbing his forearm at the predicament he was in.

"He made me heal the others wounded before I could help him, and when I did, he said he needed to go home looking nothing but bruised as to not worry his mother."

He cast his eyes to the floor, the only sounds were young Midoriya's steady, light breathing.

"What you and your authority is putting these kids through," she sternly turned to him, "they deserve a little care, a little respect for carrying your weight-"

"I-"

"I'm not finished, All Might." Daamn, "you need to be a better mentor, understand? Or I'm afraid this boy will break before he ever becomes a hero."

"Yes. Understood," the sunken-eyed man look sympathetically at the comatose boy, "crystal clear."

くコ:彡

Later on, Izuku regained stability, with his arm remaining in a sling, and made his way back to class. No injury would keep him back from hero class. Get that education bruh, get that eduCATION-

As soon as he entered he was bombarded with praise.

"You were so manly back there!" A spiky red head wiped his eyes dramatically,

"Totally awesome what you did back there- Kaminari Denki." A grinning charger port introduced himself,

"Hi, I'm Hanta Sero-" a black haired boy smiled,

"Kiripima edgyho!"

"W-wow," Midoriya blushed immensely under the tidal wave of smiles and compliments, the niceties were something he'd never had too much of. Looking between the gap of Kirishima and Kaminari, he noticed two empty desks.