46 - the son and his masters

Present day- end of the U.A sports festival

For one of the first times in his life, Bakugou M/n awoke slowly, feeling the sheets under his fingertips, soaked in dust and sweat. He sat up slowly, taking in the dull surroundings of Recovery Girl's bedding room. Beside him was a jug of water and paper cup, and on a cork-board; all those thank-you notes from past students of U.A.

The water began to shake, ripples expanding outward, reminding him of a scene from an old film about dinosaurs. He suddenly found himself covering his ears, cowering into the headboard like a scared child. Outside, upon the sky of the arena, fireworks were pouring like sparks from a blacksmith's hammer.

He didn't mean to wince and shy away from the booming noises, but after all this time, growing up with explosions from family and foe, it seemed his ears were finally waning at the harsh, wicked sounds.

"You look... kinda pathetic, over there." a quiet voice wheezed. Removing his caging hands from his face, M/n swished back the curtain by his bedside to reveal a battered Ibara.

"Sorry." he bit his lip, casting his eyes to where his knees curled into his chest.

"It's fine." she huffed and rolled over to face him, he slowly glanced up at her pale form, and a heavy guilt sprung upon him, sinking its claws in.

Around her hairline were pink bruises, freshly formed, and under-eye bags heavy with the release of tears long soaked into the ground.

Past the bed frame, draping on the floor like spectacular limbs, was her hair. Growing back, vine by vine, before his very eyes. The barbs were knotted tightly, their prickly edges glinting under florescent light making him gulp. She could hurt him now, and he wouldn't fight back.

He opened his mouth to speak, but she interrupted him. "I don't want to hear an apology, so forget it."

"R-right. Sorry." he looked down again, ashamed.

"What did I just say?" she quirked a brow, one hand tucked under her pillow, supporting her angelic face.

"Sor- I, I'll shut up." he sighed defeatedly.

"Please do." She shifted over, reaching for her own jug, but her hand was shaky and failed to grasp the handle.

"Here, let me." he leapt from his bed, wincing as the IVs slithered out his veins, and assisted her in sitting up, then poured her a fresh cup. He held the cup to her lips as she drank, watching her take her tired fill.

Ibara wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and sighed as M/n trudged back to his bed and sat on the edge.

"What you did out there..." she spoke after a moment of silence, "that was really mean. You aren't very nice, are you?"

He looked up at her, her face scrunched and eyebrows furrowed, and wanted to cry.

Trembling a bit, he sat on his palms which began glowing yellow.

"But, I don't believe you're a mean boy." she made his heart stop. She looked to the ceiling, unbothered, as she spoke: "We always bitch about Class A, mainly because we're jealous- who wouldn't be? You get all of All Might and the media's attention. But you," she looked him in the eye, taking in just how sorry he looked for himself, "you're not the worst of the bunch. I don't think you'd ever be that mean unless you were pushed into it."

Another beat of silence.

"Is there something I can do to make it up to you, Ibara?" he asked quietly, holding his breath as she began to think. He wondered what punishment she'd dish out, he knew he deserved it for being so rough.