❸1.

People make their own decisions. And sometimes they decide to leave for a while, and it takes time to understand why.

Day thirty: rebuilt beauty

The room stays trapped in eerie silence. The odd noise here and there, painful moans from the boy, and the doctor with his tools. The room is dark, no windows and only one door. The room is hidden deep within the house or base, as some might call it.

It was designed many years ago to house the brother of all for one. He had made it safe and secure. No windows rounded corners. Padded walls. It was like a huge nursery. A bed, a low table, a bookcase fitted into the wall. There were glowing patches on the ceiling and the only light is one large one fitted into the ceiling. It flickers for short burst but mainly keeps the room in a dim hue.

The doctor ignored his surroundings, working away quickly. He didn't have the luxury of time, tinkering here and there wasn't an option anymore.

He had a new focus. Doing what he can to keep the body with the boy. Too loose him again would be very troublesome. And no doubt would have the master of the house going crazy and quite violent. No doubt the doctor would perish along side the boy. Kurogiri had made that quite clear.

The boy has no idea just how much he has the man he calls father wrapped around his finger. It may seem like the man is constantly in control, making the decisions, keeping the outside out. Yet here we are the boy in a light sleep while the doctor fights for his own survival as well as that on the boy. He had always had a soft spot for his brother. And unfortunately for Izuku he fit the mould a little too well. Then he got into an... unfortunate accident and the man went wild trying to keep him going. In doing so he made a clone, and that clone had even more similarities to his brother.

Kurogiri stays stationed at the door preventing entering or leaving. The only time he moves is if the doctor needs something from his lab. Speaking off:

"Kurogiri, I need to go to the lab."

"Yes doctor, will young master be joining us?" He asks opening a portal. The doctor gets up walking into it. "No need. He is already there." One last look at the fragile body behind him makes him push forward. There are crystal tears pushing out from the closed eyes of the white haired boy. Just looking at him makes the doctor shiver. It's pitiful and some tiny part of his brain feels genuinely upset for the boy. But that's soon overpowered by the fight to live.

The portal closes and The doctor makes his way back into the lab. It's a much more familiar setting and brings him some twisted form of safety. Kurogiri keeps the portal open but doesn't leave the sleeping green boy's side. Always watching. Monitoring.

The doctor ignores the behaviour he created, instead heading over to the farthest wall we're huge vats of liquid are being stored in floor to ceiling glass containers. He moves through them paying little attention until he stands still in front of one. He looks up checking the conditions.

It's a sick sight. A very burnt discoloured body lays floating as if in zero gravity. It's unrecognisable. And looks as if it will crumble into ashes at any given moment.

The doctor taps the glass and grumbles. "Kurogiri inform master that we have only one way forward."

Kurogiri who still doesn't enter the room closes the portal in understanding. The doctor continues to press buttons and change settings as if he's done it a million times. The many other vats containing similar beings would suggest he has.

A small timer flicks to life and starts counting down on the control panel attached. "Hmmm." Satisfied with his work the doctor goes on to collect blacked out jars placing them around the glass container and looking briefly over some paperwork. He flips through the pages tapping the clipboard and muttering. Once he's happy he has it right he places the paperwork down.