❶❹.

I think... I think this means I'm dying. But it's okay I'll be by your side no matter what.

Day fifteen: deterioration

Izuku is very sick.

Much more than he had been. Every day Izuku seems closer and closer to fading away completely. The boy can barely sit up and Aizawa can't take his struggles anymore. He let the boy delay help for too many days now.

If he doesn't act Aizawa is scared to watch as this boy slips through his fingers, never to return. He can't have that. He has a connection to this boy now. He will not let him go.

"This has to stop zuku." The man says looming in the doorway. It's early morning and Izuku just woke up after having a nightmare. He screamed so loud and broken that he jolted up right. This made Aizawa rush in, abandoning his coffee in the process.

Izuku feeling as guilty as ever fort back. "No please I'm fine. I'm sorry! I'm fine. You know I can't-"

"Yeah yeah you can't die I get it kid but honestly look at yourself will ya. You look like the reincarnation of death."

Izuku winces at that and Aizawa frowns. Honestly this boy would be the death of him. "Have you seen yourself kid?" Aizawa asks more gently. Izuku slowly shakes his head no. The last time he saw himself was when he brushed his hair the morning of the attack. Just before he said I love you to his mother.

He'd left for school as normal that day. Bright red shoes. Yellow backpack. He went through school the same as every day. The teacher told everyone that he and Kacchan were aiming for ua. Kacchan was swarmed with compliments. Izuku was not. Izuku was laughed at then ignored. A normal day.

It was when he was walking back that he got separated from Kacchan. The next thing he knew he was trapped on the side line watching his friend die. No one was doing anything. So he helped. Izuku helped. Kacchan was alive because izuku helped. Then he was taken. But it was okay because Kacchan was alive. Then a stranger started manipulating him. It was fine tho because Kacchan was safe. Then the was commotion and... his memory is fuzzy. Wait who was Kacchan again?

What did he look like before then too? He has a memory of his mom ruffling his hair. It was so soothing she was singing to him as well. It was so pretty. The tune was so soft and his mother sang so perfectly. But Izuku can't make out the melody.

"Zuku?" Aizawa asks coming closer. "Yes?" Izuku smiles completely lost on what they were talking about. Aizawa sighs but smiles. "I asked if you wanted to see yourself problem child."

"Problem child..." Izuku whispers. The hero grins. "Yeah 'cause you're a child with problems. And you cause problems. Do you know how many lights I have to buy since you blow them every time you scream?" He asks jokingly. "I'm sorry." Izuku laughs. "I'm a good screamer?" Then remember the question. "But I-I want to see. If that's okay..." Aizawa hums before turning around, and into the hall way.

He re enters with a mirror in his hand a few moments later. He's about to hand it over when he pauses. "Are you sure about this?" Its said with genuine sincerity.  Everything this man does he makes sure it's in Izuku's best interest. It's a debt Izuku feels he could never repay.

Izuku's hand also faulted, before building up courage and taking the mirror. He can't feel the handle in his hand. Can't feel if it's a cool metal or a smooth wood.

Aizawa watches as Izuku grips it as tight as he can scared it will fall through like so many things do. "Is it gonna be bad?" The boy whispers turning to face the black haired man.

"I won't lie zuku. You look...rough. Don't be too upset okay." Izuku expected that response and turned his attention back onto the mirror. He goes over the points building up courage. He hasn't seen himself since he died and he's very curious. He takes a deep mental breath before holding the mirror up.