❻.

I've lost something I never really had, yet it hurts just as bad.

Day eight: a fighting plus

An old lady stands outside the door to the spare room. She stands there still facing it as she closes it gently. Once the door clicks shut she still stays stiff, slowly removing her hand from the handle and slumping slightly.

A small worried noise leaves her lips when she shakes her head. She turns around continuing trying to make as much sense of the situation as possible, given the patchy information and the lack of response from her patient. She's not getting too far.

Nothing is ever new to the short older lady. Nothing surprises her, nothing throws her off rhythm. She's seen it all.

This boy. This small fragile boy has changed that. It's been less then an hour and he's completely thrown everything out the window.

Now It's all new to the old lady, saying that the nurse almost laughs. How typical this is of her colleague. The one who would never bother her unless absolutely necessary. The one who stays quiet and acts like a loner when actually he'd help anyone who asked. The one and only man who called her out here late after her normal shift hours were over.

The man who was able to without hesitation medically confuse the doctor who had way over 50 years of experience. This is so bazaar it almost draws another laugh.

Across from her said colleague, Aizawa or pro hero eraserhead, stands quietly waiting on her wisdom. He stays in the shadow of the hall way looking way to dramatic for any real life situation. His face holds traces of past emotions he tries to ignore and hide. She spots the expression lingering on his face immediately, and this only makes her observations harder to word.

Something was wrong with this deku boy and she had no clue how to express it.

It's true that even though sweetening or sugar coating bad news was never something she agreed with or did as a doctor, as she felt it was deceitful and illogical. That it would only cause more pain than getting whatever it was all said and done. It was clearly less destructive to the person on the receiving end to her news if she just told them out right.

This situation was testing her very pillars of being. All her years of working were crumbling down because of a boy laying in a bed with no heart beat yet clearly still alive.

Pulling her thoughts together and making a quick plan of action in her head she finally makes eye contact, her lips stay in a thin pressed line. Not bothering to acknowledge her own confusion and distress anymore. Instead using every and any information she has to form a structure she can speak with.

After a few moments of silence she sighs in frustration rubbing her tired eyes that held bags under them. Slightly mimicking the younger heroes own. Aizawa stays quiet and patient. Waiting for what he knows to be the most reliable source of information to him about the boy.

"I just don't know what to say shota dear, that boy... he's so weak he might as well be dead." She refrains from telling him that technically he is in fact dead. She feels that would be irrelevant in this situation as well as more stress he doesn't need. Hell the boy himself may not realise he's dead!

"My healing had no effect on him, I've never seen that happen before. There's a first time for everything apparently." She looks to her walking stick tapping it lightly onto the floor.