47.

it's the end of an era.

The last day: forty-five

"Eri?" A voice whispers. "Eri darling?" The girl doesn't stir.

The teen boy laughs. He loves Eri so much. The ways she smiles in her sleep. He soft curly hair. Her gorgeous red eyes. The fact she cares about Izuku. She'll ask him questions, she'll learn from him. Eri is the best sister he could ask for.

"Hay baby." Izuku coos gently, one hand running through light messy curls. The girls face scrunches up before two red eyes tiredly open. Izuku sighs, he doesn't want to do this.

"Brother? What's wrong?" Eri says rubbing her eyes to wake up more. She always seems to know when Izuku is hiding something, or when somethings wrong. Izuku believes it's because she's observant, she notices small changes and picks up on them quickly. If given the chance Eri will go farther than Izuku ever dream he himself could. She'll do fine in this world.

Izuku smiles and helps her sit up before sitting down next to her on the bed. Man this is harder than he thought it would be. All night he's been going through this plan, what he'll say, how she'll react. He thought he was ready. He's gone through every scenario he could possible dream up in his restless night. 3 hours of sleep is a surprisingly long time for the brain to think up worst case scenarios.

"Brother?" Eri repeats gathering his attention once more. Izuku turns to face her and sighs sadly. He hates what's about to happen. But there's no backing out. He's doing this for her. For them.

"Eri, you know how much I feel the need to fix things?" He starts. The girl nods her head. "Yes, it's one of the sacrifices you make for us daily." She replies sounding so much like an adult Izuku may just cry.

"Yes, well I need to go fix some," he pauses. "Some bad things." Eri furrows her eyebrows. "Bad things?" She echoes. It's clear her brains ticking down to connecting the dots.

Izuku nods. "Yes darling, some very bad things. If I don't fix it, I fear that they'll hurt us." Izuku talks slowly so she'll understand. Eri is incredibly smart for her age, she's hidden it well so their father wouldn't abuse it. However she is still a child. "Is it the bad people?" She asks. "Yes." Izuku answers nodding his head. "Yes it is."

Eri frowns. "Oh." She says looking down. "Did father do something wrong again? Why does it fall to you too fix it? Father isn't supposed to be your resp- raspon- responce-" She scowls questioning the word. "Responsibility?" Izuku whispers. "Yes you're supposed to be fathers responsibility not the other way around." Izuku tears up. "You're a beautiful young woman Eri. You'll go so far in this world."

"Brother dont-" Eri whines sensing the worst that's about to come. "It's not your fault. You didn't make the problem." She argues.

"I'm the only one who can solve them tho." Izuku laughs ruffling the white haired girl. "Don't let anyone tell you, you're not smart. You are an amazing young lady and I'm so proud." He exclaimed. "By your side." The girl whispers. " I want to be by your side."

Izuku ignores the pain in his chest at his sisters words. "Remember what I told you yesterday, about my plan?" Izuku questions. Eri shakes her head wide eyed. "No." She whispered. "No Izuku please." Her voice raised.

"It's the only way to protect you from him. He's nothing without it. I'll take it for good and he will disappear." Eri whines. "No!" She shouts. "Let the heroes do it! They want him dead so let them do it!" She argues. "They can't Eri, I'm the only one." Izuku says calmly. "No brother! No!" Eris panics. "He'll take you too!"