④2.

『was I really the villain or did you just need me to be.

day thirty-six: undo what's done

Oh how excited Izukus farther was. He knew his years of tedious planning would all lead up to this moment. The cute limp body in his arms. The darling unresponsive boy held up only by him. So fragile, so weak, so mouldable. Like clay in his hands.

It was his doing of course. All his own doing.

Finally he'll have the thing he most wants all to himself. His brother, his darling little brother, reincarnated as his precious son. The family line continues, one glorious quirk before an even more glorious lack of quirk. Life couldn't be better. He had everything. Got everything. Took everything. He was an emperor. Controlling every aspect of his deep network across Japan. This was only the beginning. With his son he could finally be what others told him was impossible.

Surely this is the work of a god repaying him for his hard work and dedication to humanity. He was fixing it just like they wanted. He would know since he basically is one.

Hundreds of years he's waited. The heroes took his brothers life from him too soon but he was loyal and waited. He knew his little brother would return to his side. He was dependent on him. His brother needed him, and all he could offer. His brother loved him. His brother was so cute when angry at him but every time he would crawl back.

He was constantly on the look out for the next brother of his. He waited until he met a girl with the same eyes as his brother.

She was perfect. The way she spoke, her ideals, her movements. The way she looked and acted. She was like his brother. A weak almost non existent quirk. 

He fell for her completely. A strange sensation for him as he's never felt love or attraction for anyone but his brother. He let her sway him. And soon he was married. It was perfect him and his darling wife. He almost thought this was his brother.

Almost.

But then he saw their tiny offspring.  His wife has birthed him a child.

His son was born.

A tiny weak baby born too early. Only hours old and already relying on someone to save him. It couldn't be better until he open his eyes for the first time.

He had a son who held the fresh mossy shades of a rainy emerald forest in his eyes. A son who's hair poked out in pale white curls, curls that tinted dark green towards the end.

And his son smiled at him. His son who he was keeping alive, smiled at him. Even with his pain and confused baby mind he still smiled.

From that moment on, all for one knew, he needed that boy. It became his only goal. His obsession. The reason he worked harder.

He would have him. His brother would be his in any form. Even as his son. He needed that boy of his. But that woman got in the way. Protected and shielded him. Stoped him from bonding with his son. And he didn't have the heart to kill her. No matter what he told himself he still love her. The pain in her eyes as he tried desperately to kill her.

She never screamed. Didn't plead. Just lied down and waited for his move. She had expected his moves and his plan. She wasn't stupid. She was strong, but let him hurt her. Even with the pain in her eyes. The misty forest eyes. That clouded over with regret.

Regret of marrying him. Regret of loving him. Regret of not protecting her son from him. Regret of ever having anything to do with him. Regret of not trying to stop him from killing her.