③7.

Courage is found in unlikely places

Day thirty-three: panic

Izukus father watches in delight as his son's brain overloads on information. He stays monitoring the boy. Watching fascinated. Izuku tosses and turns. Mumbles and shouts. It's amazing to him.

He may not have a strong hold on his mind anymore but he can still enter it. Other mind quirks wouldn't but he has many quirks.

Nothing stops him. He's breaking the boy so he can re mould him. And he's fascinated when Izukus brain snaps. Instead of shutting down his brain plays an old memory that he holds close.

Aizawa knows a panic attack when he sees one. He knows how to comfort himself and work his way out of one. He can help someone else get through one, knows the two day training course information he was dragged along to.

In fact he's helped people with panicking and attacks. Seen his fair share of break downs in the early hours of his patrols, but a ghost boy with trauma he can't even begin to unpack?

This will be a first.

"Izuku listen to me okay,  Can you hear me?" He questions with a soft voice.

"Izuku?" he pushes. He ignores how foreign the soft tone sounds focusing instead on the boy and his reply.

His eyes never leave the boy, quietly monitoring and analysing for a sign of anything. Aizawa can't help but feel the pit of panic and worry build in his body but he pushes it down. How can he help if he's panicking right? So he stays softly calling out to the boy.

"Okay Izuku I need you to tell me your favourite colour." He soothes. "you can do that right?"
Izuku blinks rapidly, creasing his brow in thought. it takes a while for the boy to gain his voice but it finally reveals itself.  "R-red" he croaks through pauses of whatever is happening.

Aizawa smiles gently nodding his head. "That's great red is a very nice colour. Can you think of anything red?"

Izuku seems to gulp down air. Aizawa hides his curiosity,  unsure if he's technically breathing or not but for now he assumes it's a weird mix of the two. "E-eyes." Izuku  pushes out.

Aizawa acts surprised. this is no time to flex his detailed knowledge of everything Izuku has ever mentioned.  "Oh really? Who has red eyes? Can you tell me about that?"

The boy nods trying his best to stay focused. "It's- well he has crimson eyes. T-they're so expressive and deep I get lost in them every time. They project emotions too. One look could calm me down b-but one look could also scare someone so bad they freeze on the spot." Izuku laughs gaining control over his body again. "There's Georgie's collar too, it has the bell and the sparkles..." Izuku continues to ramble about his story and his face brightens.

Aizawa smiles it's small but it's there. Aizawa really hopes it will all work out. He knows the villain they're up against. Knows how powerful he is. How big an army he has. Izuku's made it clear that this man is obsessed with the poor boy so getting Izuku safe will be hard. And even if they do who knows what state Izuku will be in. time quirks are rare and highly sought after by villains and governments, but still he thinks, 'if only a miracle will appear.'

"That's really good zuku." he uses the familiar nickname. "I'm proud of you. Can you tell me if your feeling grounded or would you like to do another exercise?"

The white haired boy snorts. "No I'm okay therapist shota!" He exclaims beaming a smile.

Aizawa rolls his eyes but it's all in good fun. "Yeah well as a therapist I demand payment for my services."

Izuku stops laughing and blinks blankly. "You wouldn't have a job without me, your client, therapist shota.

Aizawa puts on the same expression. "Yes but you need me, the therapist, so pay up client Izuku."

The two stare each other down for a solid minute and a half before Izuku cracks into a smile. Wide green eyes crinkling. "Ah dang it I really wanted to win this time!" He complains with a giggle.

The older man smiles as he listens. He's glad a boy with so many issues can still smile and joke around. He's glad Izuku isn't lost to the darkness or death to be honest. This boy is definitely able to change the world and make a difference that will help everyone to become a better person.

"Thank you shota." Izuku says out of the blue. The man quirks a brow in silent question. Izuku sighs but smiles none the less. "I'll be honest I don't know what the future holds for me specifically, I mean I think I'm technically supposed to be dead. I'm breaking so many universal laws of being!" He heaves in a breath.

Aizawa holds back from commenting 'dead people can't breath and you just did' instead going for the 'well you're not dead yet' look. "I'm surprised the TVA hasn't popped up!" The boy giggles again.

Aizaw is completely lost about who or what the TVA is but says nothing letting Izuku ramble whatever he's trying to get out.

"A-anyway," he says flushing slightly. "I'm just glad that I'm somehow able to thank you! I'd be really sad if I wasn't able to see you- or well you see me as it might end up."

Shota is smart. At least smart enough to put two and two together. "Kid why are you saying goodbye?"

Izuku goes silent. His body freezes and he stays unblinking. "I- what?" He whispers.

"You're saying goodbye to me." Aizawa monotones. "You don't believe there's a future where you get stay do you?" He prods words hitting the younger boy harder than he'd like to admit. "It's not that-" he defends. "Just, I don't want to get my hopes up. Cant be let down if there was nothing being help up."

Aizawa mentally gapes as Izuku shrugs. "I want to be prepared, not have any regrets. You're basically my family- at least someone I'm happy to call family." He corrects.

The white haired teen huffs. "I'm not- I'm just not supposed to... I don't know..." he trails off.

Explaining is harder than going through information in your head.

"It's okay kid. I understand, I'm not mad, never will be. So don't worry."

He gives the kid a once over. "It never hurts to be prepared but," he pauses for some kind of dramatic effect. "Being optimistic never hurt either."

Izuku laughs breezily. "Thank you therapist shota!" He says saluting the man proudly. "Yeah yeah," the older says reaching to ruffle his hair.

"Huh would you look at that." He
Says landing a hand on a solid head of hair. "Not all doom and gloom huh problem child?"

Izuku pouts, sticks his tongue out, smiles then nuzzles the hand placed on his head. "It's nice to feel again you know." He says quietly.

"I can imagine Zuku, you doing something amazing honestly." Aizawa says back reassuring any doubt the boy could have.

It's done the trick Izukus brain is back to before. No damage done. So it's time for the next step. His father will have to take the place of this Aizawa man. And maybe bring a few other faces Izuku lives in too. Yes this will be fun. If one method of breaking doesn't work there will always be more.