20.

time is an illusion that helps things make sense

Day eighteen: please wake me up

"Hay Mommy..." a green haired boy asks out into the open air. Swinging his little legs off the side of the bench that he sits on. It's old and worn the wood darkened over time.

His eyes are closed hiding their beauty and his face holds little emotion. He could be mistaken for having a peaceful face if it weren't for the moon light reflecting off his crystal tears.

"Yes sweetheart?" A faint reply sounds. Light and airy a whisper that the wind carries to him. It was his mother's voice. Warm and sweet. Usually filled with so much kindness and love. Never too loud. Never shouting nor angry. Sometimes sad but still oh so beautiful. Izuku loved her voice. The way she sang to him, told stories to him. Laughed with him... He missed her voice. His eyes open slowly and his tears seem to stop. Instead the moon shines bright onto his eyes causing them to almost glow. An eerie green, that somehow brings the calm of a raging storm at sea.

With out looking up the boy stops swinging his legs. He stares at his red trainers. How they hang on his small feet. The soles are black and a bit scuffed but he couldn't get knew ones. They didn't have the money to pay for more, it's why his mother was always busy. She was always working for him. She was always away providing for him, so until absolutely necessary he would still wear these shoes. He wouldn't waste his mother's hard earned money. Wouldn't shove aside her generosity, her selfless trait that make her so hard to hate.

He could see as his legs hung limply how one of his shoes had come undone. The all might themed yellow and blue lace swayed slightly yet no wind seemed to blow. Most children wouldn't be able to do anything about it except call out and have someone help them. Their parents would be there to help them. Should be right their to help them.

He was alone on the bench. He couldn't ask for help, not that he needed it. His dad had taught him when he was younger. Before his mom took him away. His dad was there for him. Always there. Happy to help and teach the boy.

"Place the bunny ears together and pull one through, yes that's it my clever angel."

He pulled his leg up to his chest and rested it on the bench. He picked up each lace and neatly tied them into a double bow. Once he was satisfied that neither bow would come undone anytime soon, He gently let his legs down and swing again.

The park was empty at this time of night. No street lamps were lit and the only illuminated area seemed to be the bench. He couldn't remember why he was here. Or where he was but he had nothing better to do so he stayed.

He gently touches his cheek were his tears once were. He still felt the sensation of them rolling down his cheeks but he was definitely not crying. His mother? Was she crying, because of him? Or for him? "Why are you crying?" He asked out.

The sound of sobbing and sniffing only grew louder once he had pointed it out. It was the only sound other than the scruffing of feet when they hit the bench periodically, that could be heard. No other noise made it in through the bubble that surrounded him.

"Where did the bubble come from?" He asked out again.

"I'm sorry Izuku!" Came the fading voice. A few shaky breaths lead before more,

"Oh sweetheart, Please let me go. Let your mother go!" Thats what he feared to hear.

The one sentence that proved why he was alone.

Izuku shifted uncomfortably on the bench. Suddenly feeling the harsh wind. "Why must I let you go?" The child questions. He's only young and doesn't understand what's going on. He can't remember who he is. He can't remember his mother. He doesn't know where he is.

He's alone on a bench surrounded by darkness. He tries to call out but he can't make a sound. What's going on? Why can't he move. He feels the wind pick up and it sends a shiver down his spine. He's scared where is his family. Where is he?

"Oh My darling Izuku, my precious doll, what are you doing out here?" The child looks up to see a man standing facing him.

His white hair was cut short and he had grey eyes that were speckled with green. There were freckles that litter his cheeks as he smiled to the boy.

"I'm Izuku." The boy says to the man. Finally finding his words. The man smiles wider and kneels down in front of him. "You are Izuku. And I'm your father."

Izuku looks into the mans eye and feels a pull in his chest. He thinks he remembers this man. It's like his brain is fuzzy but seeing this man cleared up some of it. He says he's the boy father and Izuku can only believe him.

"You taught me to tie my shoe. Look I did what you said." Izuku wiggles his foot to show the man. Then the boy looks away again into the darkness. He tries to remember more but nothing shows.

"Mommy ran away right? That's why she was crying."

"Oh my green eyed creation. It's only been you and I for a long time now. You should really let her go. She's not coming back to us." Izuku nods his head in understanding.

He understands nothing but this man seems nice and he's the boys father so why should he not trust him.

Izuku wiggles off the bench and pats his clothes down. The older man offers a hand that Izuku greedily snatched and held tight.

A soft smile took over the older mans face as he looks down to his son.

"Can we go home now?" The boy asks.

"Oh of course Izuku my gorgeous doll, let's get back to big brother and baby sister."