Chapter 23

The kiss was brief and felt like a dream when Derek pulled away, and I stood in his arms, eyes closed, trying to process what happened. Derek chuckled, and I opened my eyes, "It wasn't that bad, was it?" He asked, stepping back from me to steady himself.

"No, no, it was... Great." I couldn't think as I looked into Derek's green eyes, questioning if it was wrong of me to pull him into me and kiss him again.

"Good, then I don't have to feel bad for doing it again," Derek smirked, joining our lips back together. His hands moved to my hips, squeezing them; I squealed as he soon picked me up, setting me on the bathroom counter, never breaking the kiss. My hands were at the back of his head, one holding his neck, the other running through his hair, pulling at it ever so slightly; Derek growled as I did. "I would watch where my hands are if I were you." He warned, pulling away from the kiss.

"I think I can handle you," I smirked, wrapping my legs around his hips pulling him closer to me. Derek snorted, grabbing the back of my head, pulling it back enough for him to begin attacking my neck with his lips. "Derek, the bathroom isn't exactly the best place for this." I sucked in a breath as he began to nibble at my sweet spot.

Derek quickly picked me up from the counter; I kicked the bathtub tap off with my foot as he walked us back into his room, throwing me onto his bed. I bounce with a giggle; Derek climbs on top of me, his eyes glowing a dim blue. "Do your eyes always do that, or should I be worried?" I asked, knowing that pushing off whatever he had planned in his mind would drive him crazy.

"No," His voice was more profound than usual; I could see his teeth beginning to grow out. Derek growled, backing away from me and shaking his head. His eyes flickered back to their standard green, and he leaned against the wall, sliding down it.

"Derek," I moved to the edge of the bed, not wanting to get closer and push him in any kind of way.

"I don't know if it's what happened or if," Derek stopped himself. He looked up at me from behind his lashes with a deep sigh. This was worrying Derek, and I could see it.

"Do you want me to call Deaton?" I asked, not knowing what to do if Derek wasn't willing to talk to me.

"No, I'll be okay. It's you I'm worried about," Derek shook his head.

"Why? I'm fine Derek, what's going on?" I kneeled on the floor in front of him, carefully taking his hand in mine. He went to pull his hand away but relaxed as he looked up at me again.

"You're my mate."