Chapter 15

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked, looking out the window as Beacon Hills flew by. Derek asked if we could take my truck because he wanted to make sure that everything was running okay; I kind of think that Derek just wanted to drive my truck.

"You'll see," Derek smirked, adjusting his grip on the steering wheel.

"Well I hope we get there soon, I feel like I've seen all of Beacon Hills at this point." I laughed, seeing the edge of town approaching. I know Beacon Hills county is more significant than just the town, there's plenty of forest land surrounding the city.

"Don't worry; it won't be much longer. Oh, and I hope you don't mind a small hike." Derek said, turning down a gravel road.

"Are you kidding? I love hiking, kind of have too with my family background." I sighed, seeing a small parking lot; it was the usual forest service parking lot; a big sign that had a map of the area, a list of the wildlife, and a list of rules to follow on the trail.

"Yeah," Derek sighed, parking the truck. "I'll grab my bag, and we can head down the trail." I shouldn't have mentioned anything about the Argents, I know it's a touchy subject with Derek.

"So, you've lived in Beacon Hills your whole life, right?" I asked, following Derek down the trail.

"Pretty much, after the fire, my sister Laura and I took off to New York for a couple of years. But I ended up back here, then I took off again, and now I'm here once again. I don't plan on leaving this time, though." Derek chuckled, looking over his shoulder at me.

"Must be nice to know where home is." I sighed.

"Where did you grow up? Before the Argents." Derek asked, stopping to look at some flowers on the side of the trail.

"A town called Twin Rivers, it's tiny. Most people drove through it without even knowing. The only people who didn't were truckers. I kind of remember my dad saying something about how one day the town would get big, and no one would drive through it ever again." I laughed.

I watched Derek slowly stand and look around the area, confused. "Is there something wrong?" I asked, walking closer to him.

"Um, does that flower look weird to you?" He asked, pointing to a flower off the trail about ten yards. I walked closer, trying not to get too close in case it was something harmful to Derek.

Once I was close enough to see, I gasped, looking around. "Derek, we should leave," I said, turning back to him. Derek was pail and seemed ready to fall over when I laid eyes on him again.

"Derek!" I gasped, rushing over to him. I grabbed his shoulder, trying to hold him up. "Okay, stay with me Derek, I need you to walk as much as possible back to the truck."

"Hurry," Derek said, fighting to stay on his feet as he grabbed my arm, trying to steady himself. I grabbed his arm tightly, pulling Derek along with me as I started noticing more of the flowers all along the trail. This wasn't natural; someone planted them here.

"Dani." Derek gasped out. I looked at him over my shoulder; he was clutching his throat like he couldn't breathe."

"Stay with me, Derek, please," I said, throwing his arm around my shoulder, trying to support his weight as I walked down the trail. It wasn't much further to the truck, but Derek was getting heavier, and I knew I was losing him.

"What do we have here, boys." A voice said from behind us, and I froze.

"Is your friend here, alright, young lady?" Another voice asked. They were beginning to circle us. I can't support Derek and fight them off at the same time.

"He's okay, he fell and hit his head. So I'm just trying to get him to our truck and take him to a doctor." I told them as I continued to walk.

"Come on, Derek now would be a good time to wake up and act normal," I whispered, knowing Derek couldn't hear me.

"Are you sure about that? Look, we can help you out, we'll take him to our camp, it's just up the road." A third voice said.

"No, thank you," I growled out. If I moved fast enough, I could drop Derek and pull my pistol from my bag without too much hassle.

"I think you should come with us. I think your friend needs our help." The first one laughed.

"No. Thank. You." I barked out, dropping Derek to the ground and grabbing my pistol, pointing it at the men behind me as I spun around to face them. "Fuck off, before I make you," I warned them, I wouldn't give them another warning.

"Now, do you know how to use that?" This man had a bald head that was covered in tattoos, the rest of his body seemed to be as well, his denim cut-off jacket and white v-neck shirt helped my theory. He had a medium build, and he seemed to be the leader of this little group. He was the second voice that had spoken.

His friends, one was tall and lean wearing similar attire to his friend, but he had long greasy black hair that hung around his face. The second one was short and fat, he wore a leather jacket with studs on it, he seemed to be covered in tattoos like his friends, but these seemed thought out. I don't like the look of these guys, and I'm beginning to worry. I can hold my own in a fight, but I fight werewolves, and it's evident that these guys aren't wolves, I don't even think they're normal humans.

"Wanna find out?" I asked, pointing my pistol at the bald one.

"Sweetheart, I think you just need to calm down. We're trying to help you." The short one laughed.

"I don't think so." I snapped as I watched the lean one try to scoot closer to Derek and me. "You do not want me to use this."

"Try my little girl." The leader laughed, looking ready to charge.

"You asked for it." I sighed, pulling a pouch from my bag, whatever they are, no one liked pepper spray. I loaded a bullet into my gun pointing it at them, pulling the trigger the shot left the chamber and landed on the chest of the lanky one spraying pepper spray everywhere one them.

They began to shout in fits of rage, knowing that was my chance I grabbed Derek and race down the trail the best I could. I had to get Derek to Deaton before it was too late, I also need to tell Chris and Scott about the guys on the trail.