Chapter 5

"Here it is. Again nothing special."

Scott pulled me into the room and I looked around a weak smile growing on my face. "This is your room isn't it?" I giggled seeing the posters on the walls and so many other typical boy things laying around the room.

"Yeah, my mom is redoing the guest room right now and it's nowhere close to ready for guests. I'll crash on the couch." Scott scratched at the back of his neck.

"You don't have to do that Scott. I don't mind sleeping on the couch, I would feel better if I did honestly, I don't want to kick you out of your room." I said looking around his room. Pictures of him and his friends scattered around. I smiled at one of him and a dark-haired girl. I feel like I know her from somewhere.

"I probably won't be home, there's pack meeting tonight. I'll be at Derek's loft for most of the night, I'll end up crashing there or at Stiles." Scott said sitting on the bed.

"Stiles is the genius human right? The mastermind behind all of your plans?" I asked sitting next to Scott. "Sorry, Gerard talked about you guys a lot, but I don't know what all to believe."

"Yeah, that actually describes Stiles pretty well. He's my best friend and I guess you could call him my first beta. He might not be a werewolf, but he's the first person I turn too for everything." Scott smiled.

"If I was in your position and I had my best friend, I would feel the same. Everyone is different, that doesn't mean they aren't family or pack." I swung my feet watching them brush the bottom of his duvet.

"For someone who isn't a werewolf, you sure talk like one." Scott chuckled.

"Sometimes I think there's more to my family, my real family than I know. My dad always talked about family being the most important thing. Sometimes the only thing I can remember about my family is what happened to them. It's hard to remember the good times." I sighed.

"I know how that feels. I've lost a lot of friends over the last few years, sometimes it's hard to remember or even think about them. But everything that we did, none of us would be here if it wasn't for them." Scott sighed looking to his desk.

"The girl in the picture. That was Chris's daughter, Allison, right?" Scott gave a weak nod. "Gerard told me about her, he said that she was a talented huntress." I pulled my knees to my chest looking at Scott out of the corner of my eye.

"She was more than that. She was a light in a dark room, an amazing friend, she only wanted what was best for everyone." Scott sighed looking at his hands.

"First love, huh?" I quietly asked looking at his shaking hands.

"Yeah, it's been a couple of years, but I'm still not really over it sometimes." Scott balled his hands into fists trying to stop the shaking. I rested one of my hands on his hoping to help somehow.

"Believe me when I tell you I know exactly how you feel. Losing my family, it will always haunt me. I still have nightmares, it gets better, it might take some time, but it does." I smile at Scott.

"Scott! Stiles is here!" Chris shouted from downstairs as a boy with dark brown hair busted into Scott's room. Amber is going to have a fit if she comes here, every single male human in this town is way too attractive for their own good.

"Scott, Derek just told me about-" Stiles stopped seeing me sitting there next to Scott. "I take it you're the new girl." I tried to hide my laugh.

"What would have told you that? The fact that we've never met before?" I asked running a hand through my hair.

"I'm Stiles Stilinski, and I like you, I don't know you, but I like you." Stiles held a hand out for me to shake.

"Danielle Argent, you're interesting, and I like that." I smiled shaking Stiles' hand.

"You're an Argent?" He asked grabbing Scott's desk chair.

"I was adopted. So not by blood, but they're the only family I've had since I was nine." I replied.

"Touchy subject, I get it. I lost my mom when I was younger, it was really hard." Stiles smiled. You could very easily see that it was still hard for him, but he pushed through it. I have the feeling that his friends are a big part of why he can push through that pain.

"So are you coming to the meeting?" Stiles quickly changed the subject and was back with a very cheery attitude.

"Meeting? Oh, your pack meeting. I don't think so, I know you guys don't judge people easily, but I know the name Argent doesn't exactly sit well with some people." I shook my head looking at my bag on the floor.

"Stiles, can we talk for a second?" Scott asked looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I'll go downstairs, I need to talk to Chris." I weakly smiled at the two before jogging down the stairs. I didn't care if Scott told Stiles about why I'm here, I might have secrets but why I'm here isn't one of them.

"Hey, Chris. Oh hello again." I gave an awkward smile seeing Derek sitting at the kitchen island.

"Chris is in his study. He'll be back in a minute." Derek smiled swirling a glass of water around in his hand. "So, is it everything that you ever wanted and more?" He chuckled.

"If you're asking if I thought that I would have a knife or claws at my throat when I got here, I would have expected it from you, Derek," I replied sitting next to him. "From what I've been told about your history, well it doesn't do you justice. You seem much nicer than, well you know who told me." I knew there were people and things that were probably touchy with Derek and I really didn't want to push those buttons.

"You mean Kate. What did she tell you?" Derek asked his eyes flashing a beautiful blue. It was different from any other blue I've ever seen on a werewolf. Everyone was right, he's special.

"The history that you two shared, what she did to your family, you name it, I heard it. Kate treated me like a daughter when she was around. It wasn't exactly the best, all she ever did was train me most of the time. That's all anyone did." I sighed tracing some of the lines on the granite countertop.

"Did she tell you about how she manipulated me? How she took everything from me and that didn't even make her feel bad, just a little bit?" Derek sneered.

"Yeah, she did. That was the last time I ever talked to her. I've been there, having your family taken from you. I know what it's like to have nothing Derek. Kate and the rest of the Argent family are as evil as they come. Why do you think I'm here? I want out, I did a lot of shitty things and I honestly don't want to live because of it sometimes." I snapped at Derek pushing away from the island.

"Kate might have been a wicked bitch, but she was right about one thing. You're heartless and really only care about yourself. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. You don't care how others feel, as long as Derek Hale feels good about himself." I ran up the stairs and into Scott's room not caring if the boys were still talking. I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked trying to stop me from walking out of the bedroom.

"I'm perfectly fine. I just need to go for a walk." I said trying to keep my voice from cracking. This was all a bad idea. I shouldn't have come here, I should have known this was going to happen, everything was going to start coming back to me and it wasn't going to be pretty. I was going to snap sooner or later, and it seems that sooner came all too quickly.

"Hey, come on, stop. Let's talk." Scott said.

"Get me out of here Scott, please. I need space, I need a place to breathe." I begged tears welling in my eyes.

"Come on, I know a place," Stiles said grabbing my hand. Scott took my bag and they walked me down the stairs and out of the house into a blue Jeep.