Chapter 9

"You left out the part where you pistol-whipped me," Peter growled in my direction. Scott shoved him on to the couch flashing his red Alpha eyes at Peter.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that I pistol-whipped Peter, probably because he slammed me into the wall and was thinking about sexually harassing me!" I snapped wanting to charge at Peter.

"Why don't you let us handle this? Why don't you have Deaton look at your head to make sure nothing happened? Stiles, make sure she does it." Derek said rested his hand lightly on my arm.

"Understood." Stiles grinned grabbing my other arm. He began to pull me over to Chris's study where Deaton was waiting when I stopped him before we passed Chris.

"Chris, while you have him, maybe you could ask Peter about, you know... He might know something." I whispered knowing Chris would understand.

"Are you sure?" Chris asked. He seemed worried. "You said before that you didn't want everyone to know yet."

"It's okay, Derek and Peter are the only ones left, right? I feel like Peter might know something before Derek." I sighed.

"Okay, now go and get your head checked out. You'll hear about it from Melissa if you don't." He smiled letting Stiles pull me away.

"We haven't met properly, I'm Deaton. I'm an emissary, it's nice to meet you, Scott has told me about you." Deaton introduced himself as Stiles sat me down in Chris's desk chair.

"Danielle, but everyone calls me Dani. I haven't met an emissary before, Gerard only ever told me about them. It's nice to meet you too. I honestly don't know anything about you. I'm still kind of new." I weakly smiled at him.

"Well, we have plenty of time to get acquainted. Scott said that you were adopted by the Argents at a young age, he didn't go into detail." Deaton said looking at my head. "The skin split open on your scalp, I'll clean it and make sure that it will close properly. It might sting a little."

"Oh, thank you. I never felt any blood." I laughed. "That's right when I was nine the Argents took me in after my family was murdered. They taught me everything I know. I came to Beacon Hills wanting to get away from the Argents, but I needed some answers that I didn't have and I was hoping that Chris could answer them for me." I explained to Deaton without giving him much detail. It seems that everyone trusts him, but I don't know how much I really want to tell him.

"Your family was murdered? By what?" He asked pressing something to the back of my head. He was right, it did sting a little.

"Well, I didn't know until I met the Argents, all the cops ever told me that it was a pack of wolves and I was lucky to survive. When the Argents came along, I learned that it was actually werewolves that killed my family. I, um, don't know why they left me alive. I'm sure that they knew I was there." I sighed.

"If you'd like, I can do some digging. It sounds to me like you still don't know what exactly happened. I might be able to help you." Deaton said kneeling down in front of me. "You don't have to worry about me, as an emissary, it's my job to help people. When you're ready stop by the clinic and we can talk."

"Thank you, I will." I smiled.

"You should be all ready to go. Don't do anything quick head hurts for the rest of the day. You don't seem to have a concussion, but better safe than sorry." He smiled back. "Stiles, call if anyone is shot again. I'll be taking my leave."

"Thanks, doc. I will do that." Stiles waved as Deaton grabbed his bag and left the room.