Chapter 6

"Where are we?" I asked looking around the clearing that Stiles had pulled his blue Jeep into. It didn't feel like a normal clearing, we drove down what seemed to be a long gravel road that seemed well kept, but also felt like it wasn't driven down often. Birch and Oak trees lined the road and the clearing, they looked like at one point in time, when they were young trees, they were trimmed regularly so they wouldn't obscure the road.

"A place that we all come to blow our tops every once in a while," Scott answered jumping out of the Jeep.

"A quiet place where you can think and leave everything behind you." Stiles continued also climbing out of the Jeep. I followed with my bag in hand following them towards the far side of the clearing. A large, dark, building stood, well partly stood, most of it was burnt to the ground.

"This is," I couldn't finish my thought when I saw Derek step out of the rubble.

"This is where a very long fight with the Argent family truly began coming to an end," Derek said sitting on the wooden steps.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked looking to Scott and Stiles, I trusted them, but now I feel like I'm being cornered.

"You said you wanted out, this is your way out." Scott stood on the old partly burnt porch next to Derek and leaned against the pole that once held the small overhang up.

"This isn't something we normally do, but Chris came up with the idea." Stiles followed sitting on the step below Derek.

"We've learned to be on high alert lately. We worry when people come into our territory. Being an Argent, well we take that a little more seriously, sadly you need to be tested." Chris walked out of the house standing next to Scott.

"You're going to torture me. Won't be my first time, but I'm not here to fight you. So, do you worst I guess." I rolled my eyes waiting for someone to rush me from somewhere in the forest. Not that I was going down without a fight.

"You said Kate trained you, let's see it." Derek stood walking down the few steps. He cracked his knuckles as fur began to grow on his face, his canines grew which he bared at me.

"You want me to fight you?" I chuckled. "Kate might have trained me and I've sadly had my hand in a few werewolf attacks, but I don't think I stand much of a chance against you." I opened my bag pulling out the little arsenal that I kept with me at all times. I dropped my bag holding a flashbang in my hand.

"No, you're going to fight all of us," Scott said shifting as Derek had, Chris followed behind holding a shock stick in his hands.

"Not me though, I'm more of a lover, not a fighter." Stiles waved from his place on the stairs. "I wish you luck because I do like you." I gave a smile and nod in Stiles' direction before turning my attention back to the three men I was to be fighting.

"I feel like being tortured is a much nicer option right now, but if you insist." I sighed pulling the tag on the flashbang with my teeth and throwing in their direction before taking off into the forest around the clearing.

I knew Scott was hot on my tail as I ran, he was a True Alpha, a little flashbang wasn't going to affect him for long.

I looked to my left seeing Derek running alongside me and getting too close for comfort. I couldn't shoot them, I would be enemy number one if I did that. I growled to myself before pulling a sound beacon from my belt and throwing it into the ground as I ran.

That shook them off, even Scott wasn't going to like that one. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to make my way back to the clearing. I started to beeline my way back the way I came. I loaded my flash rounds into my pistol as I ran shooting them in the direction of Scott and Derek when they grew too close to me.

"You know, you can run forever. You're going to lose stamina much faster than them." Kate's voice entered my head and it pissed me off. Yes, I couldn't run forever, but I didn't have a plan yet.

"I'm not you Kate, I'm not going to shoot them. I'm not a monster." I could see the clearing peering through the trees when I was slammed the to ground.

"Nice try," Derek growled from above me. "You didn't actually think you'd be able to get away, did you?"

"Getaway, never. Outsmart you? Absolutely." I smirked moving my foot to his stomach and using the leverage I had from threw him over on his back. I pulled a vile out of my belt and quickly dumped it out onto the ground.

"Mountain Ash." Derek growl slamming his fist into the ground.

"Later DerBear. Don't take this to heart, okay?" I smiled and stuck my tongue out at him before taking off in a sprint to the clearing. I could see Chris standing in the same spot, I wasn't worried about him, Scott was my worry. I grabbed at my belt trying to find a vial of weak wolfsbane that out only daze Scott for a short time.

"Looking for this?" Scott asked. I turned to find him holding my pouch of vials in his hand.

"Dammit." I cursed, I was running out of options.

"I pulled it off before you flipped me. Didn't know about the Mountain Ash on your side. Should have taken the whole belt I guess." Derek walked up behind Scott, his teeth bore once again.

"You're smart and surprisingly fast, I'm shocked you've made it this far," Chris commented.

"Well, unless you want me to kill them, I figured it was best to not shoot them," I answered turning to Chris. "Are we done?"

"You think you're that good of a shot?" He asked looking to his left. "Prove it." I turned seeing a tree with a large red target on it.

I scuffed changing out the clip of my pistol and raising it to the tree before emptying the clip into the tree. Turning to Chris I fake yawn. "I don't mean to be rude, but this is boring. Someone give me a little more of a challenge."

"Derek, stand in front of the target," Stiles said from his spot on the stairs.

"Excuse me?" Derek turned to Stiles ready to rip his head off.

"She wants a challenge, so stand in front of the target, if she can shoot around you, then well I'd say she's pretty damn good. You can also move out of the way easily if you get scared, Sourwolf." Stiles smirked. Derek growled at the human before walking in front of the target.

"You don't have to be there Derek if you're worried," I smirked.

"I'm very worried, my life is in the hands of a girl who I hardly know." He sneered.

"I won't shoot you." I smiled. "Yet," I added to annoy the wolf. I could see it got to him when his eyes flashed blue. He went to lunge and I pulled the trigger sending bullets into the tree around Derek. I was on the ground the next second, Derek on top of me claws ready to rip my throat out.

"You little," He snapped.

"Sorry, I'm a little better shot when I'm in danger. Not that I'm scared of you." I laughed grabbing his hand and pushing it away from my neck. I sat up putting my mouth next to his ear. "Try and give me something to be scared or worried about Derek, I've lived through enough werewolf attacks, another one won't faze me," I whispered before pushing him off of me. I stood to my feet and took my bag from Scott's hands.

"Are we done?" I asked looking at Chris. He gave a nod and motioned for me to follow him. I looked over my shoulder as Derek still sitting on the ground. Whatever kind of relationship we have, it's going to be a rocky one and it will probably stay that way for a long time.