Chapter 14

"Morning Dani, doughnut?" I turned to find Derek walking into the loft, holding a box of doughnuts.

I've had the loft for almost a week, though it's like there's always someone walking through the door without notice. "Sure, what brings you around this morning? Coffee?" I asked, holding a cup out to him. Black, the way he likes it. When I said someone is walking in without notice, it's always Derek; sometimes Lydia and Stiles, but always Derek.

"Thank you." He grinned, taking the cup from my hand. I had a mug just for Derek too; it's a pretty blue that reminds me of his eyes with a moon printed onto it. "I had to be at the shop early this morning, but when I got done, I thought I would stop by and see how you're doing." Derek shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Well, that's very nice of you, Derek." I smiled, pulling a doughnut from the box. Oh goody, he bought Bismarks, my favorite.

Derek let out a long sigh, "Do you have any plans today?" That was out of nowhere.

"I was going to organize some stuff around the apartment if you want to call those plans. But none that I'm aware of." I replied, holding my coffee cup if my hands, it wasn't warm anymore as it was empty. It was a colder day in Beacon Hills, but I liked the cooler weather.

"No reason." Derek shrugged, looking at his cup.

"Derek, you'll have to lie better than that." I laughed, tapping his arm with my finger.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to go somewhere with me?" Derek asked, but it felt like there was a pause, like he's not finished talking. "Like a date." There it is. Wait; what?

"Oh, well, I wasn't expecting that." I giggled, biting my nail.

"That was stupid, I'm sorry. I'm not, well, good with you know, people." Derek laughed, scratching at the back of his neck.

"No, it's okay. I'm not exactly great with people either." I smile, setting my cup on the counter. "I'd like that," I answered.

Derek turned his head like a dog in confusion as I laughed. "The date, I'd like that," I repeated. Derek's face went from confusion to the biggest smile I've probably seen on his face since knowing him in less than a second. For a second, I thought he was going to start jumping around with joy like a kid on their birthday.

"Okay, um, I wasn't expecting that. Meet me downstairs in twenty minutes." Derek eagerly said, ready to race from the loft. "You're going to enjoy yourself, trust me." He ran over to me, kissing my cheek before dashing out the door.

"What just happened?" I asked myself holding my hand to my cheek. I need to talk to someone with way more Derek knowledge than I have.

"Hello? Stiles asked when he picked up the phone.

"I need your help," I told him while trying to pull on my jeans.

"With?" He questioned.

"Derek. He just asked me on a date, and before he raced out of the loft as if he was in the Indie 500, and he kissed my cheek. He just wasn't acting like Derek, at least not the Derek that everyone's told me about. I've seen the nicer side of him since I've been here, but this was just like Woah." I explained, trying to find the jacket I wanted.

"Okay, that was a lot of information. Why did you call me for guy help? More specifically, Derek help?" Stiles laughed.

"Because you're Stiles, and you know everything about everyone. I just want to know if this is completely out of character? Like has Derek even been like this with anyone else? From what you and Lydia have told me, he's a pretty big ladies man, and I don't want my heartbroken. Also, would it be wrong for me to take a small bag of, you know resources." I sighed, looking at my watch to see that I still had about five minutes before I had to meet Derek downstairs.

"Out of character for Derek, extremely. I don't remember ever seeing him like that with anyone else; he has shown a great interest in you, he's always asking Lyds and me things about you. I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't get your heart broke by with one, and if you do, well, you know a banshi that will scream at him for you." Stiles chuckled. "I also don't think it would hurt if you took a bag of resources for security reasons."

"Okay. Thank you, Stiles. I knew you would understand. I've gotta go and meet Derek downstairs for our date. Shit, Stiles, I'm going on a date with Derek." I shook my head, trying to figure out what was going on; this couldn't be happening. I quickly pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, nope.

"Yes, you are. Now go get him, tiger." Stiles laughed, ending the call.

Going on a date with Derek Hale was not what I was expecting to do today, let alone in the first little while that I'm in Beacon Hills; what am I saying? I didn't think it would happen in my life.