Chapter 3

"You have to be shitting me!" I yell, slamming my hands on the steering wheel of the truck. I watch as the vehicle ahead of me continues down the road without even realizing what they just did to me.

"Son of a bitch." I sigh, climbing out of the truck and taking a look at the grill. I run my hand over my face seeing the large piece of metal sticking out of the grill. "This has to be the second-worst day of my life." The truck was toast. It was going to need a whole new grill and radiator, possibly more, but I don't know enough about cars and trucks even to guess what else has damage.

I slammed my hand down on the hood before resting my head on my hand. "I have no idea where I'm at, the last time I saw a sign was like 40 miles back. I don't have a clue how close to Beacon Hills I even am." I pulled my phone from my pocket, checking to see if I had service.

"Of course, there is no fucking service. I'm stuck here in the middle of nowhere with no way of contacting anyone or knowing where the closest town is even at." I throw my phone onto the driver's seat of the truck and rest my head and arms on the open door. I know I could grab my bag, some rations, and my trusty pistol and start walking but, I don't want to do that right now. Someone will have to come this way sooner or later.

I wasn't sure how long I was standing there, it had to of been a while because my legs were starting to hurt like I just walked ten miles, when I hear a car coming toward me. I lifted my head, seeing a black Camaro pulling over behind me. I reach for my pistol in the side of the door just in case this guy wasn't going to help me. I was not about to get kidnapped or murdered.

"Hey, is everything alright?" The guy asked, stepping out of the Camaro. I blinked a couple of times in shock; this guy was like a work of art.

"Uh, not really. I was behind; I think some garbage truck or something and a piece of metal flew out of it before I could even think of trying to swerve around it, the metal flew right into my radiator." I sigh, looking to the front of my truck that was still steaming.

The guy walked past me and hardly even looked at the front of my truck before turning back to me with a weak smile. "I think you're going to need a ride and a tow truck." He chuckled, walking up to me. "I'm Derek Hale, where are you headed?"

I felt my face and body grow cold, hearing that name. This was Derek Hale? "I'm Danielle Argent. I was trying to get to Beacon Hills." I said, pulling myself together.

"Argent, I know a couple of people with that last name. Plus you're in luck; I live in Beacon Hills, I can give you a ride to wherever you need." Derek smiled, holding his hand out to me to shake.

I looked at his hand for a second before smiling at him and shaking his head. "From my understanding, it's a fairly popular name around Beacon Hills; I'm looking for my uncle, Chris Argent. We've um, never met, and he doesn't even know I'm coming." I sighed.

"Here, let's grab some of your things, and we can talk on the drive. I know where Chris lives, he's an old friend." Derek smiled. I nodded, grabbing my more important bags from the truck and setting them in the back seat of Derek's Camaro. I made sure I had the keys and locked the truck before climbing into the passenger seat.

I looked at my hands as Derek started driving looking at my wolfsbane ring, Gerard had it made for me, it was a standard silver band with a rare strain of wolfsbane in amber stone. It's beautiful, from what I've ever experienced, it's never made a werewolf weak, it's just for show, I guess. "So, how are you related to Chris?" Derek asked, breaking the silence. I looked up from my hands, seeing a sign that said Beacon Hills was only ten miles away.

"Well, I'm not related, I was adopted after cougars killed my family. The Argents took me in when I was 9, a year after the incident. They've been my family ever since. I owe them everything." I said, looking back at my ring, it was a present for my 16th birthday. The first time I ever went on a hunt, the first time I ever put an arrow into a werewolf.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you've never met Chris, how come you're looking for him?" Derek's smile was weak, seeming to know that the rest of my story was a touch subject.

"I have a few questions that I need answered, and I think Chris might be the only one who will answer them. I don't think anyone else will answer them honestly." I said as a whisper. I knew Derek would hear me; those werewolf ears hear damn near everything.

"Chris is a good guy; he's saved my ass more time than I can count at this point. He'll help you, however, he can." Derek said, resting his hand on my knee. I froze, watching his hand rest there; he had a smile on his face that made it seem like he cared about what I was saying.

"Welcome to Beacon Hills," Derek said. I raise my gaze, seeing a very pretty small town as we drive down the street. Everyone said Beacon Hills was pretty, even if it's filled with werewolves.

"This is where Chris lives; I'm going to call the tow truck and have them to get your truck," Derek said, pulling up outside of a lovely little family home. I looked at the front door, worried about what might happen.