Chapter 10

Two days after the Peter incident everything felt back to what I knew of as normal from my time in Beacon Hills. I was sitting in Scott's room reading an old book when I knock bounced through the room that came from the door frame. I looked up to find Derek Hale standing in the doorway a smirk on his face. I closed the book giving him a weak smile. "Derek," I addressed him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked staying in place.

I shrugged running my finger along with the book cover. It was in Galic, I learned the language before my family died, or at least my grandfather was teaching it to me. Gerard continued teaching me when he caught me listening to him one day and figured out that I could understand most of what he was saying.

"I'm sorry about Peter, he's... Well, he's difficult. Peter's been through a lot and it really did a number on him. I'm not asking you to forgive him or anything, I'm just asking you to give him a chance." Derek sighed looking to his feet.

"He really should be thanking me for not killing him." I scuffed, "But I'll consider your words." I gave Derek a weak smile.

"I've got a surprise for you." He smirked holding a hand out to me. "Wanna see it?" I raised my brow at Derek, was Derek Hale flirting with me? The joyful joking tone in his voice was very different from what everyone has told me about Derek. Scott and Stiles have both said that Derek is very dull and grumpy, which in Stiles' words is how he gave Derek the nickname Sourwolf.

"Well, you've got my attention. But remember, I do know how to kill you if I have too." I warned Derek resting my book on the bed before taking his outstretched hand.

"Don't worry, you won't be needing those skills today." Derek laughed pulling me down the stairs. I was damn near running trying to keep up with Derek's fast pace enough that he didn't just pull me along behind him on the ground.

"Here we are," Derek said pushing me through the front door of the house. I blinked a couple of times as my eyes adjusted to the bring sun outside.

When I was able to see what was in front of me I gasped. "My truck!" I grinned running down the porch steps. "You fixed my truck!" I looked around the truck finding it was like nothing ever happened.

"I did indeed. I even tracked down the guy who lost the piece of metal that ended up in it." Derek grinned.

"I found the guy thank you very much." Stiles' voice came from the front seat. "Derek told me what happened so I went to the scrap yard and found out who was driving the truck that day. The old man at the scrap yard chewed out his grandson for a good half an hour before making him pay for the damages."

"You did? Why would you do that?" I asked.

"Because you shouldn't have to pay for something like that when it wasn't your fault," Derek said leaning against the front fender of the truck. "They needed to pay for the new parts. If it wasn't for them you wouldn't have needed to fix your truck."

"If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have picked my ass up from the side of the road and brought me here." I pointed out looking at Derek over my shoulder. Derek quickly looked away when he saw me looking at him.

"She's got a point," Stiles smirked like he saw something I didn't.

"Whatever," Derek grumbled.

"Oh, do you want to come to the pack meeting tonight? It's at Derek's loft." Stiles grinned climbing out from the truck.

"Uh, are you sure that's okay? I'm not in the pack so I feel like I would be intruding." I looked to my feet which I realized were bare seeing as Derek pulled me out of the house before I could even think about putting on shoes.

"Not at all! Scott wanted me to bring you. He's a little busy or he would have asked you about it himself." Stiles said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Trust me, you're going to be fine. Everyone is going to love you." It was obvious that Stiles was trying to reassure me with his smile, but it wasn't working.

"How many people in the pack knew Allison?" I quickly asked.

"Most who did aren't around anymore. Those who I call the core four are the only ones still around who knew Allison. Why do you ask?" Stiles gave me a worried look.

"We are not the Core Four," Derek growled at Stiles.

"I just don't want anyone thinking that I'm replacing Allison because of who I am." I quietly said.

"You aren't replacing Allison, none of us think that. Trust me." Stiles smiled squeezing my shoulder. I looked at him seeing that his smile seemed a little forced.

"Tell you what, we just won't tell anyone your name." Stiles' mood changed at the drop of a dime.

"What?" I asked looking at Derek for help.

"That is his, 'I have an idea' voice. Just roll with it." Derek shrugged. It seems he's very used to how Stiles acts after all of the years they've been friends.

"We won't tell anyone you're name! That way they don't know you're an Argent!" Stiles exclaimed.

"But doesn't everyone know I'm here? I know you've all talked about me." I pointed out making Stiles mood change again.

"You're right, well I've got nothing." He sighed slumping down on the porch steps.

"We've only told the pack that Chris's niece was in town. We never said what side of the family you're from." Derek said gaining Stiles' attention. "Allison's mom married into the family, though her family was also werewolf hunters, no one in the pack knows that. We can just say that from her side of the family."

"That's brilliant Derek!" Stiles exclaimed.

"So we're going to lie to the pack?" I questioned. I didn't like the sound of that. Most of them are werewolves, they'll be able to call our bluff.

"What was your last name before being an Argent? We'll just use that name." Stiles was beaming about this idea.

"What about my past? What happens when someone figures out we're lying." I asked.

"We'll tell them it was my idea. That way if anyone questions it, they'll be doubting their alpha." Scott walked up to us. "We can tell them your past and that you were staying with the Argents after, but we won't say anything about your skills. If someone questions it, I lied to them for your safety." Scott explained.

"Are you sure Scott? I don't want to push any buttons or end up on anyone's bad side." I sighed.

"You being comfortable in the pack is more important than ruffling some feathers." Derek stepped forward touching my elbow this his fingertips.

"Okay, but what happens if there's a threat and my skills are needed?"

Scott sighed giving me a stern look. "Then you use them. Act first, ask questions later."

"Unless you're me, then I always ask questions first." Stiles laughed stepping into the conversation again.

"Okay. I trust you guys."