Chapter 12

"Thanks for coming with me you two," I smiled at Stiles and Lydia walking into the small furniture store in the next town over from Beacon Hills.

"No problem, any reason for me to go shopping." Lydia grinned looking at a pair of tall floor vases. "These are cute." She commented.

"They are. We should find the bigger stuff first, then we can go into detail. I have a couple of things that I brought from home." I told her looking to Stiles who didn't seem too bored yet. "Stiles, I'm shocked you aren't complaining yet."

"I don't mind shopping honestly. It's not the worst thing Lydia's ever dragged me around to do." Stiles chuckled earning a glare from Lydia. "She once took me with her to buy clothes for her dog, that was horrible." I giggled watching Lydia slap Stiles' arm with her bag.

Ω∆Ω

Several hours and a U-Haul later, Stiles, Lydia, and I pulled into the parking lot of Derek's loft, and I guess, now mine. The back of my pick-up and the U-Haul were loaded completely full of new furniture and many decore items to hopefully fill the loft and make it homey. Derek waved as I parked the truck outside of the building, I grinned hoping out with Lydia behind me. We trusted Stiles to drive the U-Haul.

"Scott and Peter are on their way. They went to get Theo and Liam." Derek said opening the back of the U-haul as Stiles parked it.

"They didn't have to drag those two boys to help. We didn't get that much, I'm sure we could have handled it." I'm also not completely sure if Theo and Liam like me still, so I feel bad if they help me move.

"I would have believed that if Lydia didn't text me on your way here. I'm also looking at everything you bought. It looks like we have plenty to build even." Derek chuckled. I blushed, knowing that he was right, I got more than planned, but thankfully Gerard gave me a credit card that is linked to my inheritance from my family. He also put money into it as I was growing up.

"Let's start with the small stuff for now," Stiles said looking to my truck bed. "We have to pick up her mattress once we unload that. Thankfully that's only down the street." I smiled at Stiles before climbing into the bed of my truck and started handing objects to them.

"Do you mind if I start planning the layout? You can make changes as we go." Lydia asked taking a couple of paintings.

"Yeah, go for it. I trust you, I'm not the best with interior design." I nodded at her. Lydia grinned skipping into the building and then the elevator with Stiles hot on her trail.

"You really seem happy." I raised my eyebrow at Derek's statement. "You belong here, you've already made friends with almost everyone and you just work." He commented.

"I'm not sure if I totally understand what you're saying."

"You act and feel like this isn't your first couple of weeks here. Like Beacon Hills has always been your home." He explained.

"Oh, well before I lost my family, I grew up in a small town not so different from Beacon Hills. I guess small-town girl is just in my genes." I smiled sliding a box that held a coffee table in it. "Can you handle this one big guy?" I asked with a smirk.

"I can handle more than you think." He winked at me; easily picking up the box and walking into the building as Stiles and Lydia exited.

"What's with that look on your face?" Lydia asked taking a couple of items from the truck bed.

"What look?" I asked sliding two boxes to Stiles that held bar stools.

"You're blushing. Don't let Scott and them see you like that, you'll never hear the end of it." Stiles smirked as the two walked into the building once more.

"We're here to help," Scott announced walking up to me with Peter, Liam, and Theo in tow. "Where should we start?"

"Well we've almost got the truck unloaded, Lydia and I can get the rest of that. I think the big strong werewolves should be able to handle what's in the U-Haul." I said pointing to the open truck. "But, if it's too much for you, you can start building chairs and stuff in the loft. I'm looking at you, Peter, I don't if your old wolf ass can handle those big heavy couches and stuff."

Peter flashed his eyes and teeth at me with a growl. "You're lucky my nephew and your uncle think that this will make up for me attacking you." He put emphasis on attacked because he still thinks that I'm the one at fault for what happened.

"You know, I can just put a bullet in you now and we never have to interact again. If that will make you happy that is." I rolled my eyes.

"None of that now. Peter's done us all wrong at some point in them, but I don't think any more bullets will ever change him." I looked to my right seeing Chris and Melissa walking towards us with grins on their faces and flowers in hand.

"I thought you had to work," I said hugging the two of them.

"I switched with one of the other nurses, I couldn't miss helping you move in." Melissa smiled brightly. She's the mom I always wanted.

"And someone had to make sure you and Peter didn't kill each other. I personally have to see it." Chris laughed.

"Thank you. There's plenty of items to build upstairs and lots of items to move around. I'm kind of letting Lydia do most of the decorating, but I'm sure she'd love a hand. I know there's a vase or two up there for these beautiful flowers." I smiled taking the flowers from Melissa's arms. "How did you know these are my favorites?" I asked finally getting a good look at them. Peonies, lilies, waxflower, and all the beautiful greens to go along.

"You just have that look to you. Lydia also might have said something." Melissa winked before following Chris and a pair of wolves into the building.

This all felt so nice. I hadn't felt like this in a long time. I never want this feeling to go away. But I know nothing lasts forever. My fear of everything I love leaving me is coming back and I don't like it.