Chapter 25

A week after Chris left with Peter to track down the people who hired those goons, they were finally back, and I was pissed. Why was I pissed? Because I didn't get a single phone call from Chris like I was supposed to. "Dani, Dani, calm down," Derek laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me back to the kitchen. I had been trying to race out of the loft all morning, but Derek wouldn't let me leave.

"Seriously, Derek, he didn't call me once, then Scott texts me this morning saying that Chris has just got back. I need to know what happened." I huffed as Derek picked me up and sat me on the counter, standing between my legs to keep me there.

"We'll go over there in a little while. Let him settle in. Chris has five times the experience you do; I'm sure he didn't call you for a reason. I'm quite happy he didn't if you ask me." Derek smirked, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Oh, I'm sure you are, Mr. No, don't leave. I want to cuddle more. I wish to believe that I have never spent so much time in a bed." I threw my head back with a short laugh pushing at Derek's shoulder so I could get down from the counter. "Can we please go? I could care less about Peter, but I want to make sure Chris is okay."

"Fine, but only because I think you're cute when you're mad," Derek rolled his eyes and grabbed the truck keys and his coat.

I stopped in my tracks, watching him walk through the loft, "Excuse you, sir, but those are my keys. Who told you that you could just drive it as if it was yours?" I gasped, walking up and taking the keys from his hands.

"Fiesty," Derek smirked, holding my hand tightly as I went to pull my hands away from his. With a single breath, Derek pushed me against the wall and grasped my lips in his. "I've warned you about doing that." Derek pulled away, and I glared at him.

"And I've warned you about doing that. I thought you'd already figured out that I'm feisty no matter what. You can't push me up against a wall or throw me on a bed every time I get a little feisty, Derek." I pushed at his chest and moved out from between him and the wall.

"But it's so hard not to," Derek groaned, following me out of the loft. "The full moon is coming back around soon, and I can already feel it."

"Not my problem." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, but it is. You're my mate, now that you're here and not rejecting me, well, I guess I can't just wait and show you." Derek whispered into my ear as we stopped outside of the truck. I gulped, feeling the hair on the back of my neck stand. "You might want to start doing a little research." He walked away from me and got into the truck.

"Sometimes, I want to shoot you," I glared at Derek as I got into the driver's seat. I started the truck and sadly waited for Derek to climb into the passenger seat before pulling out of the lot and taking the familiar way to Scott's house.

Derek grabbed my hand as we rounded the corner, and the house came into view; I slammed my foot on the break and held my breath. "Dani, breath. I'm sure they're okay," Derek hesitantly said. I slowly let the truck roll down the street and parked behind Stiles' Jeep before parking and jumping out of the truck, and running to the house before Derek or anyone else could hold me back.

"Chris," I exclaimed, pushing Scott and Liam out of my way. My heart dropped the second I saw Chris lying on the couch, Deaton and Melissa looking over him. I glanced at Peter sat on the floor in the corner, looking no better than Chris. I shook my head as I backed out of the house and sat on the front step.

I took ragged breaths and twisted my hands together as I rocked myself. I looked at the SUV, filled with bullet holes and gashes. It was amazing they were alive. "Dani," Stiles' voice broke me from my trance of looking over the SUV. "They're going to be okay. But this is becoming far more than we thought." He sat next to me, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

I bit my lip, pushing my hair out of my face. "Where do we start?"