Walls

A/N: Why did the quote hit me where it hurts? T

A/N: Why did the quote hit me where it hurts? T.T

           It's been a couple years since the 23rd exterior scouting mission. You are now a captain of your own squad along with Levi who excelled and surpassed even those who trained before him. He still acted like a cocky son of a bitch around you. Questioning your every decision. Commenting on your every move. It pisses you off but you learned to adjust and to bite back just as hard.

            After observing how the two of you frequently bickered back and forth, the rest of the scouts called you the demon couple. You grimaced, recalling how the two of you reacted after hearing the label the younger scouts placed on you.

__________________________

            You were having a great time chatting and eating with the rest of the captains when Levi threw a napkin at your face. "Do you have to be so messy while eating?" He complained with a sneer. You frowned while wiping your face with the napkin. Frowning even more when only a single crumb of bread came off. "Messy? Its just a fucking crumb you jackass." You glared at him from across the table.

            "You know, this is why they call you the Demon Couple." Hange said beside you as they patted you head in an attempt to calm you down. You and Levi frowned at Hange. "Excuse me, what the fuck are you talking about?" "Why demon? And why couple?" The two of you asked simultaneously.

            Hange grinned widely as Moblit tried to stop her from explaining. The younger scouts near your table paled, overhearing your conversation. "Well, demon because the two of you are known to be the strictest and strongest captains in the regiment. And couple, because you two are so in sync just like how you spoke at the same time just now."

            Levi scoffed, pushing away from the table, and standing up. "If she's my wife, I'd feed her to the titans." He sarcastically said with a smirk. You laughed mockingly at him as a taunting smile crept up your face. "If you're my husband, I'd jump into the titan's mouth myself." You replied.

__________________________

            You shook your head as you made your way to the meeting room. Commander Erwin called on an emergency meeting to talk about how to deal with the titan shifter situation. Entering the room, you found Levi, Hange, Miche, Erwin, and a young unfamiliar face sitting around the table. You sat at the vacant seat beside the kid, throwing an arm around him. "Is this the titan shifter? How could someone this adorable turn into a titan?" You asked as Hange nodded in approval.

            "Right? And the poor boy even got beat up by Levi badly." Hange said with a frown. You turned your gaze to Levi who was staring at the arm you had around the boy's shoulder. "Tell me why am I not surprised?" You muttered under your breath, rolling your eyes. "I'm Y/N. What's your name, kid?" You asked ignoring Levi's intense gaze.

            "E-eren Jaeger, Captain!" He introduced himself, glancing between you and Levi. Erwin and Miche finished discussing as you lifted your arms off Eren to focus on the meeting. "As what was decided during the trial, Eren will be under Levi's care. Tomorrow, they will leave for the abandoned castle in the forest." Erwin discussed how Eren will be under the Levi Squad supervision while practicing his titan transformation.

            You sat up straight as Erwin turned to you. "Y/N, you and your squad will be staying at a nearby cottage. You will meet up with Levi's group in case something happens." He said, handing you a map with the directions to the cottage. Raising an eyebrow, you waved the map in your hand at your commander. "When what happens?" You asked.

            "He means when I turn into a titan and kill everything in sight." Eren muttered beside you, his head hanging low as silence spread across the room. Hange laughed and patted him on the head. "Don't worry, Eren. You have two of the strongest squads watching you. You'll be fine." They said with a wide grin.

            You sneaked a glance at Levi to find him already staring at you. "You even have the Demon Couple as your guardians! Isn't that great?" Hange continued with a teasing smile, wiggling their eyebrows at you as you frowned.

            Eren stared expectantly at you with a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "I won't be able to stay with you all the time. But yes, I got your back." You said with a smile as you patted the terrified boy on the back. You felt the familiar sensation of Levi glaring at you as he opened his mouth. "Do you have to keep on touching the brat? You do know he can shift into a titan at any moment, right?" He darkly muttered, eyeing the hand you had placed on Eren's back.

            You glared back at him, matching his energy just as always. "You get to beat him up but I can't even touch him?" You replied with distaste. "Besides, even if he turns into titan he'd probably chomp you first because you're such a pain in the-" You were cut off by Miche coughing, turning you back to focus on the topic of the meeting.

            Hange was assigned to help Eren with his titan transformation and what activates it. The poor boy cowering from the crazed excited look on Hange's face. You stood up and stretched your limbs after the meeting ended, listing things on the top of your head to bring to the cottage for the weeklong stay.

            You patted Eren's head with a kind smile. "See you later, Eren." You said and bid him goodbye as you walked out of the room. You threw your head back in frustration when you saw Levi leaning on the wall waiting for you, taking a deep breath as you mentally prepared yourself for the usual exchange of insults.

            "You got the kid to trust you so quick. I forgot you always had this talent." He muttered with a sneer on his face. "You even got me to trust you before." He added pushing away from the wall to stand in front of you. You smiled at him like you usually do. "And you remind me every single day." You replied. "But you know what, I'm done. I'm done trying to gain your trust back. Keep it. Live and die with it." You said, throwing your hands up in an act of surrender. "I don't want or need it."

            Turning away from him to leave, you were stopped by Levi coughing behind you. You turned around to face him, not out of concern but out of curiosity. He's never been sick ever since coming here. Your eyes widened at the sight of blood dripping down his lips. "What the fuck?" You exclaimed as Erwin and Hange exited the room just in time to witness the bloody sight.

            The two approached him immediately, offering to help which the man refused as he wiped the blood on his own sleeve. Your brows furrowed as he stared at you with the same smirk he had on his every day. "Go and sleep. Don't be late tomorrow." He drawled, taunting you. As if you were ever late to anything.

            You scoffed. "To think I was worried for a second..." You muttered under your breath as you turned around and left. Missing the wistful expression in Levi's eyes. "Levi, don't you think...." You hear Hange say but you didn't hear the rest as you walked further and further away from them.

A/N: Next chapter tomorrow with a background on the Ackerman bond. (Of course, only in this story.) LIMES ON THE MENU.

CTTO of the fan art. ♥️