Undo

A/N: And the drama ball has started rolling down the hill

Ackerman Journal Entry #98

            It's rare for a fated host and a chosen host to be two different people. For an Ackerman, once they have bonded their souls to their fated hosts, they have no need for a chosen host. In rare circumstances where an Ackerman bonds their soul to a chosen host, then finds their fated host at a later time, the Ackerman must make sure that the existence of their fated hosts will not cloud their bond with the chosen host.
– E. Ackerman

            After dropping the plant back inside your room, you made your way down the hall to leave for the debut which will be held at the Palace. You were mindlessly walking towards the exit of the sleeping quarters when you bumped into a person, muttering a soft apology under your breath.

            Looking up, you realized it was your Commander who you accidentally crashed into.  "Oh. Sorry, Commander. I was-" You started to explain when Erwin cut you off. "Distracted?" He asked, placing a palm over your head, and ruffling your hair playfully.

            "I understand. It pains me to place you and Levi in this situation." Erwin murmured with an apologetic smile. Out of all the people in this regiment, Erwin knew how much relationships meant to you. He knew why you try to avoid them, he knew why you don't want to get too attached. Because he knew who you were before coming here, he knew what you went through.

            "I'm sorry, Y/N." Erwin kindly said while you shook your head. "I tried suggesting Mikasa Ackerman as a substitute but the Palace rejected the idea. They said that she's too young and was still a cadet. They determined that Levi acting as the Royal Knight seemed more acceptable and fitting."

           "It's alright, Commander. Its for the sake of the organization." You replied with a weak smile. "Levi and I already talked about it. We understand." After bidding him goodbye, you left the building. Approaching the carriage you will be sharing with Hange and Moblit. Levi will be riding in a Royal carriage with Erwin.

            Half an hour passed before the carriage doors opened to reveal a dashing Moblit and a well-groomed Hange. "You both look amazing!" You exclaimed as Hange got up on the carriage to sit beside you. "You look lovely as well, Y/N." Moblit complimented back as he sat down opposite Hange.

           "I know, right? Moblit bathed me today!" Hange said with proud grin while your and Moblit's eyes widened. "Bathed you?" You murmured in surprise, glancing suspiciously between the two of them. Moblit raised his hands in front of him, waving them vigorously as he denied Hange's statement.

              "No! I did not bathe the Captain myself! I forced Captain Hange to take bath!" Moblit explained, panicking while you wiggled your brows at him teasingly. "Uh-huh. Right." You murmured slowly. Making sure to stare Moblit in the eye.