Strike

A/N: Are y'all ready for paaaaaaaaain?! 🥲🥲🥲 Why do I write like this? Lmfao

Ackerman Journal Entry #115

            A chosen host's bond is closely connected to how much they trust the Ackerman their bonded with. The more distrust and doubt they have, the more the bond on their soul rots.

-E. Ackerman

            "What's this?" Levi asked with furrowed brows, a potted plant in his arms. You smirked, packing up the watering can, a small shovel, and a pair of scissors. "Your child. You forgot all about it?" You replied, passing him the gardening material you used on his plant-child. "I took care of it and now it's your responsibility."

            You chuckled at the utter confusion on Levi's face as he blinked at the budding plant in his hand. "I don't know how to take care of it." He muttered while you rolled your eyes at him. "You kill titans for living. You think you'd at least know how to take care of a plant." You replied with a smirk.

            "Just water it regularly, trim the dead leaves, dig out the weeds, and leave it under the sun for some time." You explained, pushing Levi's back out of your room as you closed it. "When it gets too big for the pot, plant it at the backyard."

            Levi's serious expression made you laugh, as if what you just told him was a life-or-death situation. "It's a plant, Levi. Just make sure it doesn't die." You told him with a teasing smirk. "When do you start your...Royal Knight duties?" You asked with obvious distaste as Levi gripped the pot hard.

            "Tomorrow." Levi replied darkly, an angry glint in his eyes. "Are you sure you want me to do this? I could just kill everyone in the Palace." He murmured lethally while you scoffed. "How would that help anyone? Just tolerate it until Historia's Coronation." You replied. "And stop blaming her. Its not her fault she's your Fated Host. She's just a child."

            You hear Levi sigh beside you as he stopped in front of his room to drop off the plant.. "I'll try not to. It just pisses me off how the people around her are forcing me to serve her." Levi gruffly replied as he placed the plant carefully on the windowsill of his room.

            "Yes, well, just try not to be obvious in your unwillingness. Protect her if you could, she's also someone who was thrown into this mess like us." You told Levi, not an ounce of blame in your heart for the poor girl. If I have to pin the blame, I'm blaming it on the King who cursed the Ackerman bloodline. You thought as Levi closed the door to his room.

            The two of you headed towards the meeting room where Erwin will be discussing the next mission for the Regiment. You sat beside Hange as Levi took up the seat beside you. Moblit and Seth entered soon after, the two suspiciously having flushed appearances and a strong scent of alcohol surrounding them. "You smell like a fucking bar, Seth." You commented as he stood behind you, drunkenly leaning against the wall.