Relief

Ackerman Journal Entry #9

            The time an Ackerman can remain stable depends on the strength of the bond it has with its host. The weaker the bond is, the shorter the span. The stronger the relationship is between an Ackerman and the host is, the longer they can stay apart without repercussions.       -E. Ackerman

            Stretching your arms above, you slowly sat up on the bed, shaking the sleep away from your limbs. You blinked multiple times as you groggily stared at the wall in front of you recalling the events of yesterday. "Good morning." A luxurious voice say from beside you. "You look horrid."

            You turned your head to glare at Levi who was sitting behind a desk finishing some paperwork he had left. "And you look like the devil incarnate. Back from the dead, I see." You muttered under your breath as Levi chuckled at your response. "When are we going back to the base?" You asked with a frown as the first rays of sunlight seeped through the curtains and into the room.

            Levi stacked the documents and placed them in a single envelope. "In a couple hours." He replied with a smirk, the usual look back in his eyes. Pushing away from the desk, he walked towards you as he loosened the cravat on his neck. Raising your eyebrows at him as he swiftly took the cravat off and leaned down towards you. "What are you doing?" You suspiciously asked.

            He lifted the cloth to your lips and chin with a cocky smirk on his face. "You have drool on your face." He teased, swiftly dodging the punch you threw at him. The bed moved as he plopped himself down to sit beside you. "We have to talk." Levi said in a serious tone as he tilted his head to look at you.

            You wiped the back of your hand across your lips, frowning as you realized there was no drool at all and Levi was just teasing you for sleeping in. "Talk about what?" You asked, feeling uncomfortable at the solemness of Levi's expression. A hand reached out to your face as Levi gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear. "This. What you're getting yourself into." He replied, the tips of his fingers brushing against the skin of your neck.

            Levi sighed as he dropped his hand. "Do you even know what it means to be bonded to an Ackerman?" He asked, tilting his head back to stare at the ceiling. "Its not a simple matter. You have to think about it properly before you decide-" Levi stopped as you scoffed and stood up from the bed, putting on your boots and walking towards the door.

            You were blocked by Levi before you could grab your coat from the rack. "Where are you going?" He asked with a frown as you glared at him. "Oh, I'm leaving. I just assumed that's what you wanted me to do because from what I heard, you didn't believe me when I said I wanted to help and I don't want to see you dead." You said with a frown.

            Levi stood still in front of you before he sighed tiredly. "That's not what I meant." He murmured giving you a weak smile. "I just want you to know that being bonded...is complicated." He explained, grabbing your coat from the rack as he turned you around and helped you put it on. "It can get troublesome."

            You scoffed and faced Levi with an amused expression. "Levi, you blame me for your friends' deaths. I think you're an annoying bastard. You're a thug, I'm a thief. And now we're captains of our own squads. We're already complicated." You said staring at him directly to get your point across. "Throwing a bond into the mix won't make it any more complex than it already is." You smiled as Levi smirked at your conclusion. "And to be frank, nothing about the bond can surprise me anymore."

            Levi chuckled darkly as he fixed the collar of your coat, the faintest touch of his skin against yours made you feel warm. "You seemed pretty surprised when I kissed you yesterday." He huskily murmured. You blinked. "I- well... bond or not who wouldn't be surprised if someone suddenly kissed you?" You huffed. "Why did you do that anyway?"

            Levi walked back towards the desk to grab the documents and his coat. "I was pissed." He replied as he put on the coat. You raised an eyebrow in question. "Pissed at what?" You asked as Levi moved towards you, smirking as he placed a hand behind your back, turning you towards the door. "Pissed that you denied that you felt something when I touched you." He murmured against your ear as he opened the door for you. "I needed to prove a point and it was a good punishment for lying to me."

            You covered the ear he whispered at, feeling sensitive as Levi blew into it. He laughed as you glared at him. "It's not true, you know." You hear him say softly as the two of you exited the room. "I don't blame you for Isabel and Furlan's death."

            You glanced at him with a soft smile on your face. "You don't?" Asking him with the first genuine smile you ever gave him. Levi smiled back. "I don't." He replied as you bumped your shoulder into his. "Thank you." You said with a wide grin. "Your still an annoying piece of an ass but hey, that might change. You know, bond and all."

            Levi laughed as he placed a palm over your head, tousling your hair as you tried to swat him off. "Do you have to keep touching me?" You complained, running a hand through your hair as you tried to fix it. "Sorry, Princess. You have to deal with me touching you a lot. You know, bond and all." Levi said with a smirk as he left you and walked away.

            You blinked at his back as he strolled further away. "Where is the damn journal Commander was reading before?" You asked, running after the Ackerman you are bonded to. "I have to read it or you're going to take advantage of me for not knowing anything about the fucking bond!" You screamed as Levi's laugh echoed through the halls.

_______________________

            "You what?" An incredulous expression on your face as Hange explained the location of the Ackerman journal. Handing the reigns of the horse to a cadet, you walked towards the quarters of the survey corps after coming back from the castle. "We already had it delivered back to the Royal Palace. They only allowed us a day to borrow it. It's a very important and rare document after all." Hange said as the two of you entered the building.

            You sighed with regret at the loss of what could have been a powerful weapon against Levi. "Well, I have to borrow it back. Otherwise Levi's going to have the upper hand in this.... relationship because I don't know jack about the Ackerman bond." You complained as Hange patted your back. "Sorry, Y/N. I'm not sure you could borrow it for a while. Erwin requested for it a year back and he was only permitted to borrow it yesterday." Hange explained as your jaw dropped. "He waited for a year?" You gasped out loud as Hange nodded.

            Groaning while you covered your head with your hands, the two of you walked towards the dining hall for dinner. "How am I supposed to learn more about the bond then?" You desperately asked. "Isn't the best source the person himself? Go ask Levi, he's right there." Hange said, pointing towards a figure waiting by the doors of the dining hall.

            "Four-eyes. Y/N." Levi greeted as you and Hange approached him. His hand reached up to cup your cheek, softly caressing your skin with a smirk. You flinched at the cold sensation of his hand. "Why are you touching me again?" You asked confused as Levi continued to rub his thumb across your cheek. "Bond." He absentmindedly replied.

            "Its only been several hours." You said pulling away your face from his touch. Levi sighed as he dropped his hand and grabbed yours instead. "I'm in pain. Ouch." He muttered in a monotone as Hange cackled beside you. "See what I mean when I said I needed the book?" You murmured as Levi pulled you inside the dining hall. All eyes on the both of you as the notorious demon couple entered together, hand in hand.

A/N: Next chapter upload tomorrow! Limes coming up. ♥️