Chances

A/N: FINA-FUCKING-LLY

Ackerman Journal Entry #38

It should be noted, that although a fated bond is preferred due to its stable nature. A chosen bond, formed out of the Ackerman's will rather than the blood, is stronger. That is why it is more volatile and unstable, because the strength of the bond depends on the will of the Ackerman and the host. The stronger the relationship is between the two, the more formidable their bond will be.                 -E. Ackerman

"That's utter bullshit." Levi gritted through his teeth. "You don't believe this crap do you?" He frustratedly asked, glaring at the pages of the book. You rested your cheek on your knuckles while Levi continued to flip through the book. "It didn't mention anything wrong so far." You murmured blankly.

Levi slammed the book shut. "To hell with that." He glowered. "Are you saying I should bond with a fucking royal when I'm already bonded to you?!" You and Petra panicked at the sudden increase of volume in Levi's voice. "Calm the fuck down. No one said you should do anything." You urgently said with a frown.

Turning to Petra with an apologetic smile, you stood up, pulling Levi's arm with you. "We're leaving, Petra." You explained. "Levi's still...emotionally unstable and it won't help anyone if he made a scene here." You held Levi by the arm as you towed him away from the stares of the people inside the library.

Flinging the door of an empty meeting room open, you flung Levi inside with a glare. "You said you can control your temper better than me." You muttered, leaning your back against the door. "I find that a complete lie this past few days."

A moment of silence passed before you heard Levi talk. "What do you think of it?" He murmured in a cool tone. You threw your head back to rest against the wooden door. "Its not such a bad thing, isn't it?" You casually replied. "Won't it be better for you to have a stable bond?"

"Is that what you want me to do?" Levi softly muttered. "Do you really want me to go form a bond with another?" You felt an unfamiliar pain in your chest that you refused to acknowledge. You sighed, closing your eyes. "You'll have to find out if its possible to break an activated bond. Or if there's such a thing as having multiple bonds." You replied.

Levi remained quiet. "But yes, I do think it will be better for you if I'm not your host." You softly murmured. "You read it, a fated bond will be easier for you. It is what it is. I guess you could say, its meant to be." You said, giving him a weak laugh while shrugging. "Its not like as if you have some sort of lingering attachment to me. It doesn't have to be me-" You were cut off by Levi turning to you with a desperate expression on his face.