Last

A/N: I'm baaaaack! Thank you for the good luck wishes

A/N: I'm baaaaack! Thank you for the good luck wishes. I passed my paper just in time. <3 Italics are what happened inside the Palace. And the plot thickens.. 👀🍷

Ackerman Journal Entry #123

            Mind connection between the host and Ackerman is dependent on the strength of their bond. The weaker the bond, the more difficult it is to establish a connection. The stronger the bond, the host and the Ackerman can communicate even without the need to touch.

E. Ackerman

            "Lady, I really do appreciate your patronage for my bar but... you're drinking too much." The barkeep murmured as you finished a bottle of whiskey on your own. You scoffed, pouting at the bartender as you drunkenly shook the empty bottle in your hand. "One more, please?" You sweetly asked, blinking pitifully at the bartender.

            "I thought I was a strong drinker but you make me look weak." You hear a charismatic voice compliment you from behind. Lucas came up to sit beside you, a small smirk hanging on his lips. "Why are you here finishing a bottle all alone? I heard you had the evening planned out with your Ackerman?" He asked, ordering a bottle of the bar's finest rum.

            You smiled warmly. Intoxicated. Watching through half-lidded eyes as Lucas poured you a glass of rum. "Lucas! My favorite Maybell! You're here!" You excitedly greeted as Lucas stared at you in amusement. "I'm the only Maybell you know, Y/N." He replied before pouring rum into his own glass. "So what happened? Why are you here alone and not with Levi?"

            You clicked your tongue before taking a sip of rum. Letting the alcohol sting your tongue, burn your throat, and numb the pain in your heart at the mention of Levi. "He didn't show. I assume it had something to do with your lot. Palace and all that." You sluggishly muttered, mesmerized by the amber color of the beverage in your hand.

            Lucas nodded contemplatively, raising the glass to his lips. "There was an attempt to attack the Queen at the Palace this afternoon. Levi must be stuck with handling the aftermath." Lucas carefully explained, frowning at the way you finished the glass of rum in one swift motion. "You really need to slow down."

            Protect her if you could, she's also someone who was thrown into this mess like us. You recalled a conversation with Levi as a weak chuckle escaped your lips. "You know, it's ironic. This entire thing with Levi is a fucking irony." You muttered, resting a cheek on the palm of your hand. "We're bonded but then he finds his fated host. And then I asked him to protect his fated host because she's a child and she's someone I actually like. And now he stood me up because of what I said."

            "I should've ended this when I had the chance." You murmured with a sigh, not noticing Lucas' intense stare. He downed the glass of rum in one swift motion before turning towards you. "Is that what you want?" He whispered. "Aren't the two of you together?"