Beginnings

A/N: Italics are flashbacks

A/N: Italics are flashbacks. This is basically how Y/N was subconsciously chosen by Levi as his host. <3

Ackerman Journal Entry #2

The titan blood within an Ackerman awakens when the person experiences great trauma, anger, sadness, or danger. This triggers the instinct of an Ackerman to survive. Once activated, the Ackerman will need to find and bond with its host to prevent being consumed by the titan blood within him. The host serves as a reservoir for the Ackerman, grounding them to humanity, preventing the titan blood from dominating the Ackerman. -E. Ackerman

"He's glaring at us again, Y/N." Seth whispered as the two of you swept the floors of the common hall in preparation for the celebration that will be held later. You glanced behind you with a frown as Levi glared at you from across the hall, throwing a finger at his face before turning back to your task.

"Let him. Its not like he'd do anything." You muttered under your breath. Its been several days since the 23rd exterior scouting mission happened. The day Isabel and Furlan lost their lives to the titans. "I really don't get it. He seems to be blaming us but not the Commander. We were just following orders." Seth complained with a pout.

You sighed, leaning on the broom to stare at your worried friend. "He never trusted the Commander." You told him with a weak smile. "But he trusted us and we broke that. Its understandable that he'd hate us. So just ignore it and let him."

Seth lightly groaned. "I'm not used to being hated. Everyone likes me." He sulked, carelessly swinging the broom on the floor as you chuckled at him. "Whatever you say, Mr. Popular." You laughingly said, not noticing the longing stare that Levi gave as he watched you and Seth. Your images blending with those of Isabel and Furlan in his memory.

"Where the hell did you two disappear off yesterday?" Hange asked as soon as you sat down for breakfast the next day after you and Levi slept together for the first time. "We waited for you at lunch. We looked for you at dinner. I wanted to share my theories on the mind connection thing with you but you were nowhere to be found."

You winced, recalling the memories of you and Levi entangled together. "I was...preoccupied." You murmured, pouring yourself a cup of hot tea to relax your sore muscles. Hange raised an eyebrow suspiciously at you. "Did you and Levi practice alone together?" Hange asked in a whisper as you choked on the tea. "Did it work again?"

You dabbed a sleeve on your lips with a self-conscious frown. "What theories did you want to share?" You asked Hange, trying to change the subject of your sudden disappearance with Levi yesterday. "Right. Well, imagine the connection as a tunnel. Both ends should be open and clear for people, carts, carriages, and horses to pass by." Hange explained with a wave of her hand. "What if it's the same with the bond?"