Danger

A/N: Warning: Mention of blood

Ackerman Journal Entry# 16

            Ackermans are comfortable with other bonded Ackermans being around their hosts. However, rogue Ackermans, those who are not bonded with their hosts, are considered threats.

-E. Ackerman

            "Captain! Over here!" You hear Seth yell, waving you over to the front of the group. Walking to your squad, you glanced at Levi who followed you despite being positioned at the back end of the formation. "You just passed by your squad, Captain." You sarcastically directed at Levi who continued to walk beside you. "I have to make sure of something." He replied with a smirk.

            "Here, Captain." Mikasa said, handing you the reigns of your horse as you glanced between the two Ackermans having an internal dialogue with their eyes. "What are they doing?" Seth whispered as he came up behind you with his own horse. You shook your head. "I don't know but whatever it is I'm placing my bets on Mikasa." You replied.

            The Ackermans gave each other a subtle nod before Levi turned to wink at you and left. You whipped your head to face Mikasa with a betrayed face. "What was that? I thought you hate him? Hate him with me!" You complained with a frown.

            "He'll keep Eren safe. And I'll keep watch over you." Mikasa explained in a blunt tone while you stared in confusion. Ah, is Eren her host? You thought to yourself, watching as Mikasa wistfully gazed at the boy at the back of the group. "Is it an Ackerman bond thing?" You whispered at her, making sure no one can overhear. Its not exactly a secret, but it also isn't something everyone has to know.

            What you did not expect, however, is Mikasa staring back at you in confusion. "It appears that Mikasa doesn't know anything about the bond yet." Seth whispered to you with pity as your stare softened at the confused girl. "You must have been in a lot of pain." You murmured to her with a hand on her head to pat her.

            You hear Seth scoff beside you. "Captain, unlike you and Levi, Mikasa and Eren actually have a good relationship together. So I doubt Mikasa experiences pain at all." He said as the three of you mounted your horses after a horn was blown to signal the start of the expedition. "You also think Eren might be her host?" You asked as your horse started to strut towards the exit of the base. Making a mental note to ask Levi to explain the Ackerman bond to Mikasa after the mission. Seth nodded. "Mikasa looks at Eren the same way Levi looks at you, Captain."

            You took a deep breath, ignoring the familiar sensation of Levi's stare at the back of your head. Erwin gave the command to exit Calaneth District and out into Wall Maria which has become titan territory. You glanced at the right wing of the formation to see a titan approaching. The support squad managed to deal with the stray titan, keeping it away from the main squad.