Live

A/N: Italics are flashbacks! ♥️ For more feels on this chapter, try listening to Shock by Yuko Ando while reading

Ackerman Journal Entry # 27

Once the bond is activated, the host and Ackerman will seem to merge as one. Both can sense what the other feels, as if tethered to each other. If one is hurt, the other can feel even when apart. This ability will be easier to control when the bond strengthens over time.    -E. Ackerman

"No."

"Why the fuck not?"

"Because you're going to get yourself fucking killed. I just know it."

"I won't. Ackerwoman skills, remember?"

"What fucking skills are you talking about?" Levi frustratedly said as the two of you walked towards the carriages where Levi will be accompanying Jean who was disguised as Eren as part of the plan. "You can't even access them, remember?" He reminded you in a mocking tone.

"Well, I'm still capable even without it. Besides, its an order. Not a request. I'm going with the assault group." You told him with a challenging grin. "If you have any problems with that, take it up with the Commander." You murmured, before walking past him only to be held back by a strong grip on your arm.

"I'm begging you." Levi softly murmured against your ear. "Don't do anything stupid." Be careful. Please. He whispered inside your head, forgetting to put up your mental wall for him to barge in. You swallowed dryly. "I'll be fine." You replied, wavering from the concern that bloomed in your chest as Levi worried for your safety.

You mounted your horse, getting to ready to leave incognito with your squad as Levi watched. You and your squad were tasked to follow and protect Eren, while the assault team being led by Hange will try to capture the female titan. "This is basically babysitting duties." You hear Seth mutter under his breath while you chuckled. "If you call watching over a titan shifter babysitting, then I applaud your sheer bravery." You replied, covering your face with a hood away from Levi's lingering gaze.

"Why do I have to be partnered up with you even to the last moment?" You hear Levi mutter under his breath as the two of you swung yourselves across the trees on your last day as cadets. "I don't like this as much as you do but I don't sulk and moan about it the entire day." You replied back, annoyed.

You and Levi were paired up on your last mission as cadets for the Survey Corps. Once you accomplish this mission, you will be ranked up into senior soldiers. However, during this task, teamwork is important. You each need to gain 3 kills and 3 assists. Nothing more and nothing less, or else the mission is considered a failure.