History

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING: Contains mention of suicide and child abuse/neglect.

Ackerman Journal Entry #37

There are two forms of bonds: a fated bond and a chosen bond. The former corresponds to the blood bond between an Ackerman and a Royal. It is considered to be the easiest bond to form for it is purely driven by instinct and tradition. A chosen bond, in comparison, is more unstable. It is formed out of emotion making it more volatile and harder to control.                -E. Ackerman

"Y/N!" You hear a sweet voice call from behind as you walked along the halls of the scout regiment base. Turning around you see Petra wheeling her chair towards you with a stack of books balanced on her thighs. Your eyes widening as the tower of literature wobbled, almost crushing Petra's face.

"What the hell are all these?" You asked, taking several books in your arms. Petra laughed excitedly. "A man called Lucas sent these for you. Oh, here's the letter that came with it." She explained with a smile, handing you a small letter from her jacket.

Opening it with a curious expression, you read through Lucas's elegant handwriting. Your Ackerman sent a request for the books so I sent them to you. Here are some literatures on the Ackerman blood, bond, and becoming a host. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Lucas. P.S. Can you tell your Ackerman not to be so aggressive? He's threatening me even through a letter. You chuckled, showing Petra the oddly amusing content of the letter.

"Captain Levi does the most surprising things for you, Captain Y/N." Petra said, giggling beside you. You raised an eyebrow at her statement. "You think so?" You asked, opening the door of the library for her. Petra nodded her head vivaciously. "Yes! He's become more expressive. The Captain is also a lot more sociable now too. He communicates his thoughts better." Petra said with a huge smile. "I think being bonded to you had a good influence on him."

You scoffed. "I think he has always been like that. The titan blood just made it hard for him show who he really is. It has nothing to do with me." You murmured softly. Glancing around the library, looking for a vacant table. You spotted an empty desk near a window, settling the stack of books on top of it. You didn't notice the contemplating expression Petra gave you as you walked towards the window, pushing the curtains aside to let the afternoon sunlight in.

"Does it seem like that to you, Captain Y/N?" Petra softly asked, grabbing one of the books Lucas sent and flipping through its pages. You turned to her with a questioning stare. "Like what?" You asked, glancing out the window to watch the training grounds below. "That Captain Levi is acting this way because of the titan blood in him?" Petra asked.