Preparations

A/N: Besties! Please read end notes for a quick announcement

A/N: Besties! Please read end notes for a quick announcement. ♥️

Ackerman Journal Entry #45

An Ackerman can only have one host for their entire life. There have been no instance of an Ackerman in need of another host while currently bonded to another. At the moment, there is only one way to sever the bond of an Ackerman to its host: death.       -E. Ackerman

"I can't do this anymore." Seth muttered under his breath while the two of you walked towards Erwin's office to receive your assignments for this month. "After this, I'm going to retire and live the rest of my life as a drunk." You chuckled at your friend's statement.

"You said that so many times before I've lost count." You replied with a teasing grin, laughing as Seth pouted. "Yes, well, I'm going to do it this time. I don't intend to do this shit for the rest of my life." He sulked as the two of you turned the corner.

Seth groaned in pain as his knees slammed against the wheels of Petra's chair when he accidentally bumped into her. "Damn it, Petra. Watch where you're going." Seth said, jumping on one foot as he held the other in pain.

Petra glared. "I'm sorry, dear cousin. In case you haven't noticed, I'm bound to a wheelchair. How about you watch where you're going instead?" She said with a light frown while you laughed at the both of them. "Oh, Captain Y/N! I have something to give to you!" Petra said, pulling out a piece of paper from her jacket.

"Y/N! Seth!" Miche yelled, waving you over from Erwin's office. "Come over, its important." He said before turning back to get inside. You gently grabbed the note from Petra's outstretched hand with a grateful smile. "Thank you, Petra! I'll read it later." You said before ruffling her hair and walking away.

You pulled Seth by the arm while he continued to glare at his cousin. Pushing your friend inside the office and closing the door behind you, your eyes widened at the assembly of people inside. Every section commander and squad captain were gathered around the office. It almost looked like an official meeting with everyone present.

You raised an eyebrow at Levi who was sitting on a couch. He shrugged his shoulder in reply, patting the spot beside him on the couch for you to sit on. He smirked when you shook your head, patting a calloused palm on his thigh, offering his lap to you instead. You glared.

"This gathering will be quick, I just want to inform everyone that the Survey Corps will be closely monitored by the Military Police. After everything that happened, we are under suspicion of treason." Erwin explained in a serious tone as he sat behind a desk. Miche, who was standing behind him, scoffed.

"Why are they suspecting us? Like they don't have any backhanded deals going on in the organization." Miche muttered under his breath with everyone agreeing on his statement. Erwin sighed. "They suspect us of holding back information. I explained that we were not aware of the presence of another titan shifter until we confirmed it at Wall Sina, but the old cogs won't listen. All they see is the damage. And the failure." The Commander explained.