Touch

A/N: Ackerman Journal Entries are just a figment of my imagination for the sake of the story. Not canon. :)

Ackerman Journal Entry #3

The titan blood inside an Ackerman calms down when in near proximity of its host. Separation from the host for long periods of time can agitate the titan's blood to become unstable causing the Ackerman great pain and severe fevers.  -E. Ackerman

"Did you have to punch him?" Erwin asked, pinching the bridge of his nose as he sighed. You glanced at the sleeping form of Levi with a wince. "No...." Drifting off as you dropped your gaze to the floor out of guilt. "I didn't have to. I needed to." You added looking up at to meet the admonishing stare of your Commander.

Hange laughed with their hand patting your back. "He had it coming for a long time now didn't he?" Hange said with a wide grin as Moblit carefully placed a cool towel over Levi's cheek. "But why did you punch him? I know you had to touch but why punch?" They asked with a curious gaze.

You kept your mouth shut as Erwin, Hange, and Moblit continued to wait for an answer. Crossing your arms over your chest, you sighed. "What was I supposed to do?" You frustratedly asked with a frown. "He was going to eat me."

Moblit stifled a laugh by covering his mouth with his palm. "Eat you?" Erwin asked in confusion as Hange's eyes widened in realization. "Oh. Ooooooh. I see. He wanted to eat you." Hange said with a loud laugh. You grabbed the towel that Moblit placed on Levi's cheek and threw it at Hange as Erwin stood there confused.

"Oh, shut up." You muttered under your breath. Moblit coming up to help Hange stay upright as they doubled over from laughing too hard. "Captain, its not that funny." He said as Hange placed a hand on his shoulder to balance herself. "No. Its funnier because its those two." Hange replied, wiping the tears from their eyes. "They are always at each other's throats and now they have freaking bond. This is too hilarious coming from an outsider."

Your eye twitched. "Which brings me to my question, how did you even think that I am Levi's host?" You asked, flinching at the word. I don't think I'll ever get used to that. You thought as you sat down on the stool beside Levi's bed. "I mean, why me? And why now?"

"Well, we just recently considered the idea that it might be you and that theory became more plausible during this mission." Erwin said as he tapped the book on top of the desk. "You and Levi were separated for several days during this mission. His condition happened to worsen when you weren't by his side." He explained with a relieved smile.

Hange nodded approvingly. "And I noticed it a while ago as well. Levi recovered as soon as you came to his side." They said with a wicked grin as you recalled how Levi instinctively nuzzled his face against your touch. "You know, before he tried to eat you." You frowned as Hange brought that matter up again.