Party and Confession

Chris POV

It has been two weeks since I have been home, and well I miss being there. I miss Isaac and Allison. I think part of me missed Derek too. Being away from them made me realize just how much time we spent together as a family. Not that Derek was family to me, I was still confused about that point. I cannot deny that there were feelings there, but I was not ready to act on them. I think as I get older, I enjoy these out-of-town jobs less and less. Unavoidable I suppose. Two more weeks then I can see my family again.

Derek POV

It has been two weeks since Chris left, and I hate it. Even if I were not thinking about his hot body, I would still miss him. I think in a weird way I got used to him being here.

Isaac is planning a party tonight, so there is that to look forward to, but the person I want to see will not be there. Isaac has yet to pry anything out of me, although he is suspicious.

Mom and Dad both have excepted my lifestyle and I may or may not have told my mom about a certain someone and a certain night, although she does not know who it is. She told me that if it is meant to happen it will happen. My mom always looks on the bright side, I wonder if she would still say that if she knew it was Chris.

I truly have tried not to obsess about it, but part of me knows that something is there, and I know I should give it up because the likeliness of Chris wanting me is nonexistent.

Isaac punches my arm; it takes me out of my head.

"You are good, bro?" He asks.

"Yeah, I am good," I say as he goes to answer the door.

Stiles, Lydia, and Scott walk into the kitchen.

I hug my brothers and give Lydia a kiss on the cheek. I sometimes felt like Isaac, and I was the odd man out considering everyone else had a significant other. I often wonder if Isaac and I should try being together again, but we share too much as friends and it would be weird.

I sigh and get myself a drink.

More people start to show up.

Danny, Theo, Liam, and Mason show up. I am not too close with any of them they are friends of Scott and Stiles. With Scott and Stiles still in school and me being out of school for a good 6 years, I was feeling a bit out of place.

I finish my first drink and grab another as I head out to sit by the pool. It was chilly out tonight so I doubt I would be bothered.

I just was not in the mood to party, I guess. I just hate how things are so unresolved now, with everyone really. No one knows what happened between Chris and I and I cannot even really talk to him about it. I could call him, but would he even answer?

I fumble with my phone, about to push the call button, but someone clears their throat behind me.

I turn around to see Liam standing there.

"Hey, Derek," he says.

"Sup?" I say as I put my phone in my pocket.

"Look I know you don't know me really at all." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

I am looking at him, nodding for him to continue.

"Well, I was wondering, since you were Isaac's best friend if you like knew if he had a boyfriend or liked anyone?" He spoke.

I could smell the nerves on him. He was cute and who was I to get in the way.

"Liam as far as I know Isaac is single as they get, go for it," I say winking at him.