Homebound

Chris POV

It's been a week since Derek was put in the hospital and they are finally releasing him. I wish that I healed as quickly as a wolf. My arm was finally out of the sling a few days ago, but it could be 3 months or more before my shoulder is completely healed. Definitely makes me aware of my humanity. Derek is pretty much healed; he has a few stubborn bruises that are taking their time to leave but other than that he is back to his old self.

"Hey, Chris can I talk to you?" Melissa asks.

"Yeah," I say as I get up, squeeze Derek's hand reassuringly, and walk out the door.

I follow Melissa to an abandoned room; she turns and closes the door.

She turns to me and moves fast grabbing my throat.

"This is the only time you will get this warning. If you hurt Derek or any of my children you will regret it. I know about the situation, and I am fine with it as long as Derek is happy so you better keep it that way or you will have hell to pay." She says letting me go.

I catch my breath and stand up straight. Melissa is walking toward the door.

"I will never hurt Derek I can promise this to you," I say with as much sincerity that I can muster.

She turns, nods at me, and then leaves the room.

I readjust my clothing and take a minute to collect myself and then I head back to Derek's room.

Derek has his back to me; he's wearing jeans and that leather jacket and it gives me chills. He turns and gives me a big smile.

 He turns and gives me a big smile

"Hmm...you heard your mother, didn't you?" I say rubbing my neck. He nods at me and closes the distance between us.

He's in my personal space, not that it bothers me.

His strong hands placed on my cheeks he pulls me in for a long kiss.

"She's giving us her blessing." He says laughing.

"If that is her blessing, I would hate to see her curse," I say smiling.

We hold hands and walk out of the hospital. I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, next to my werewolf.