Episode 35 - Aftermath

(I apologize in advanced if there are spelling and/or grammar errors, I didn't really feel like re-editing lol)

Hello

I was kinda inspired by 'heathers the musical' here towards the end lol

-

They watched in silence as Makki tossed shut Oikawa's locker with a sigh, the brunettes jacket in his hands.

They hadn't known Makki for long, but he seemed a little emotional surprising them. Makki of course, held back his feelings just wiping his eyes tossing the jacket over his shoulder letting it hang there.

Tendou rose his brow at the ex-captain. "I didn't expect a hippo to be so teary." "Shut it, Tampon head." Ignoring Tendou, Hinata stepped forwards.

"Are you okay? I mean.. it seemed like you liked Oikawa and Sugawara a lot." "I suppose I'm fine, Oikawa was like a mini me but.. I guess that didn't last long. Anyways, I should take this as my personal leave."

Everyone tilted their heads in confusion sharing a look, they watched Makki turn walking away so they quickly followed him. "What do you mean? You're leaving now that we found out who it is? What about the team, you're the ex captain!" Atsumu huffed.

Makki looked over with a hand on his hip. "I'm a college student and the head cheerleader for that team, I have to get back soon, not that they would mind.. but I have to take care of something soo good luck."

Before Makki walked away, he muttered under his breath. "I just lost my star successor, give me time to mourn."

Kenma looked up at the others, he then looked back down fiddling with his fingers. ".. does this mean the teams splitting up in the meantime?.. We don't have a Captain or a vice captain to take over, what do we do?.."

Atsumu crossed his arms lifting one hand to his lips biting his nails. "I'm not going back to Inarizaki, cheerleading was the only thing keeping me here. You don't know how bad they will judge me for not being perfect because of my older brother if I go back.."

Daishou placed a hand on Atsumu's shoulder for comfort, the blond seemingly stressing out while Tendou got a text quickly checking his phone. "There's only six of us, even if we wanted to theres no way there would be enough to keep the team going." Akaashi added staring at his feet leaning against the locker.

"With Noya gone.. we're down a flyer -" They heard a loud sigh making them look up, Makki was walking back to them dragging his feet.

"God why am I even trying.. curse Tooru for making me like you all - except for you Tendou -" Tendou stuck his tongue out at Makki continuing to text.

Makki put his finger on his chin looking at all of them thinking.

They stood there confused before jumping in surprise when he pointed at Akaashi, the ravenette raising a brow. "You -.. no, you're too pretty you might end up like Kawa.." He huffed looking at Atsumu.

"You have experience.. but I don't think you'd actually handle a team.. OKAY, You." He pointed at Daishou making the greenette widen his eyes. "You're the new captain, don't let Kawa roll in his grave - or the river I should say."

"W-Wait what?! No I can't-" "You." Hinata looked at Makki a little surprised, Makki gave him a small grin. "Vice Captain, heard from Oikawa you were learning right from Sugawara's hand to be one. Don't let him down either."

Despite all the depressing stuff that has been happening around them, Hinata smiled a little quickly shaking Kenma back and forth happily. The blond laughed a little happy the ginger was smiling again.