𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓷 𝓘𝓽

Shehnaaz Shah

Filling the form of medical college's admission exam I shut the laptop down and handed over it to its owner, my friend Nusrat.

"Thank u Nusi."

She chose to shrug rather than returning a welcome. She wasnt being rude. I didnt mind even. She was just like that u know. That meaned crazy types.

Oh yes about the form I wanted to become a doctor. It was my dream coming true; I hoped so. I prayed that my exam would go well and I got selected. I already wasted almost two years in honours course in business management. I really didnt have any interest in this subject.

Arghhh!! I was being late for home. I had to reach before 5. Biding Nusi a bye I headed towards home. Erm... wait a minute, I was not finished yet.

So where was I? Yup! I did study on business bcz my whole family was involved in business. Wait wait wait they didnt run business company. They all run shops. Shops? Yeah shops. Each one have many shops. They became well off from a not too good condition by this business. Ohh my abbo runs a store of clothes in a shpoing mall and he had two other shops which he gave in rent to others. I swear they income huge by immense profits. Otherwise it was not easy having an own flat in Delhi.

One more thing there is not an highly educated man or woman in my clan. My all sisters was also married to such businessmen. And my sisters do nothing means they r housewives. I wanted to change this thing. I really wanted to do something different.

I was really thankful to my abbo that he gave me this chance though it was after two years of struggle of mine to persuade him. Thank u Allah.

Finally I reached home. Paying the texi driver I headed to lift. With each and every step I was feeling something different. But I was unable to recognize the feeling.

I rang the bell and the door swang open revealing the most shocking scene in front of me.

Lala Abbo and Lala Ammi
ˢⁱᵈʰᵃʳᵗʰ'ˢ ᵖᵃʳᵉⁿᵗˢ

The smile on my face was growing wider and wider. Were they really here? In our home? I couldnt believe it. 'Ya Allah plz dont make it a dream.' I prayed silently.

My abbo was the yongest among shah brothers and Lala abbo was the third one. There was a rift between them since when I didnt know. They didnt talk to each other. We didnt go to thier home nor they came here.

Ammi and I once went to their house to see Lala ammi when Lala ammi was having Sayed. But today Lala abbo was here I was surprised.I was so happy. It seemed to me finally the split between this two was going to end.

Lala abbo loves me a lot.

I know I know I said we dont go to their house. But we met when we went to village on the occassion of Eids. Ammi and Lala ammi were also in good terms. We cousins were also in the best term. From cousin I remebered about him. He would walk in the air after hearing the news.

What if it was a dream? This thought made me sad.