𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓚𝓲𝓼𝓼

Shehnaaz Shah

Turning the alarm off I dozzed in my dear sleep. I woke again hearing the beap beap sound of my phone. I opened my one eyes to check the message that came, still closing another eye. When I saw it was only 7 in the morning, I grunted and took the load to open my eyes properly. While I was picking my back from bed to sit my phone ranged making the silence of my room break.

"Hello!" I took the phone greeting the person in a sleepish voice.

"Salam." I bit my tongue realizing I wasnt taught to greet a person with salam first.

"Wassalam." I instantly replied the salam.

"U were sleeping?" I hummed in response.

"Now dont tell me that u dont remember that u told me to take u in shopping before college."

"Dont be rude." Was my reply after hearing him almost yelling on the other side.

"I was being rude?" He sighed. "Shehnoo nend se bahar aa pehle then talk to me." I know he was finding my behavoir irrational, it was not also his fault. I couldnt do anything about my damn mood in periods. I m an early bird except for time of the month.

Holding my stomach I slowly started the daily necessary works and got ready. Sending him a short text  to come and pick me I went through my social media for only ten minutes.

After keeping the phone asdie I found the spending-money I got every month was finished. I had to persue a new dress and also a birthday gift.

Birthday gift?

Actually tomorrow was the bday of Sidharth's cousin, Faiza. And I had to attend. As it was a very private and small celebration they didnt invite my too many people. But Faiza personally messaged me to tag along Sidharth. So I suggested Sidharth that we should go for some shopping for the birthday girl and I would also get a chance to shop for me.

I got out of my room to see Ammi amd Abbo discussing something. As I was in hurry, Sidharth could reach any minute, I stopped them between, "Abbo I m going for shopping. I m in need some money right now."

Ammi looked at me, anger was all over her face. "See here comes ur princess to demand."

Abbo gave her a look not to say anything to me. But she was in no mood to stop. And I looked at her dumbfounded, I didnt do anything wrong so that I could get a scolding.

"Abbo what happened?" I asked looking at Abbo's concerned face.

"How much?" Abbo asked for giving me money.

"Abbo I need money. Paisa paisa paisa saradin. Jaise baap ko lootne ayi hai. Aur apne baap se kio mang rahi hai. U got nikahfied. U have ur husband, so leave ur father now. Ohh I forgot Shauhar toh apka kamatha nahi, kaise utayega tera buj." Her words stabbed right into my heart. I kept there standing with unshed tears. Ammi looked at Abbo. "Kaha thana mene apse agar bida karna hai toh kisi layak hatho de apni beti, nahi apko toh milahi woh tha, jo galtiwo sa badha padha hai kudh. Aj meri baat maan liya huta, agar Khalil se nikah karaya huta-"

She couldnt complete as I screamed,"Have u gone mad Ammi?"

I swear never, I repeat never I talk over my parents before than. How much bitter words she uttered in her anger I never speak back a word. It was not that I didnt have the courage. I didnt want to disrespect them.