Chapter 2

"Zane! Are you ready to go?" I heard a small potato's voice call as I stood at the front of the boat. I turn around to see the potato herself, "Yeah, here, let me go grab my bag." I say. Aphmau nods and skips by my side as I walk to my room. "Aaron told me that you were making potatoes tonight. Is that right?" I question, grabbing both Garroth and my bag. "Yep! Aaron really enjoys them, so do I! I hope that's ok" she says while helping me with the two suitcases. "I'm fine with it, Garroth definitely should be." The small boat is located on a dock near us. Aphmau and I can see Aaron and his father standing and talking to the captain. "Hey Aaron!" Aphmau yells while running over to her boyfriend, pulling him into a hug. They're going to be amazing when they're married. The tall, fluffy eared male hugged back greeting his girlfriend before greeting me. "Hey Zane. Are you ready to go?" He asks. "Yeah, but we need to get Garroth first. Do you guys know where he is?" I ask. Aaron shakes his head before Aphmau butts in. "I saw him by the beach with Blaze and the rest of the pack, he was saying goodbye." The short girl stats. "Ok I'll go grab him then come back and help with the bags." I wave and walk away, down to the beach. Sure enough, Garroth was waving as he walked away from the wolf pack. "Oh, hey baby brother. I was just saying goodbye to the pack." "I know, come on we have to get back to the boat. it's getting ready to leave." I say pulling Garroth by the wrist. When we got back to the dock Aaron Garroth and I loaded the bags up into a medium sized compartment. "Ok! are we ready to go?" The captain asked, getting nods in response. The boat soon set off on what was explained to be a one to two hour drive. We all sat at the back of the boat. There were three miniature couches that faced a table. Aph and Aaron sat on one couch while Garroth and I sat on another. "So, do you guys want to do something tonight or just relax?" Aphmau questioned. She was trapped in between Aaron and Aaron's arm. "I think we should wait till we get there then decide." Aaron said, Garroth agreed and so did I. We had a conversation that lasted most of the ride. I'm not the biggest fan of boats, they don't bother me but sometimes they're just uncomfortable, like this one. I tried to distract myself from the unsettling feeling with the conversation but it wasn't working. I had my arms crossed, blocking the view of my black shirt, when I felt a short rush of pain go through my upper right arm. I guess I flinched pretty hard because I heard Aaron ask, "Hey Zane are you ok?" "Yeah, yeah..." I said getting a look at my arm. There were four little, fingerprint sized, burn marks that were very obvious due to my pale skin tone. "Zane, how did that happen!?" Garroth question, looking as shocked as Aaron and Aphmau were. "I...um I don't know.." I said, trying to think of an excuse. Luckily I was in the sun's view. "Sunburn probably" I say. They go along with it but none of them seem too convinced. Welp, that was close. We arrived at the house soon after that. "Thanks for the ride!" Aaron says as we go off the boat. "No problem!" The captain waves while we walk off the dock with our bags dragging along behind us. "Ok it's 6:23 right now, it takes around 30 minutes to make potatoes. We could have dinner at 7:00, 7:10. Ok?" Aphmau questions, walking into the house after Aaron unlocked the door. "Sounds good to me! Need any help?" The small girl's boyfriend asks. "Nah, I've got this Aaron! Hehe!" Garroth and I went upstairs, leaving the couple alone. "It's cool to be back and not on a boat." Garroth states as he flops onto his bed, bag falling to the ground next to him. "Yeah, it is" I agree as I get straight to unpacking. I hear Garroth sit up from behind me. "I'm gonna go see what Aaron's doing, ok?" "Yeah, sure. I'll be up here." I was almost done with the unpack when there was a knock on the door. "Hey, can I come in?" Aarons muffled voice says from behind the door. "Yeah, come in." I stand up and walk towards the door, meeting Aaron by it. "Aphmau finished the early potatoes and we're gonna eat in, like 5 minutes." "Oh, ok. Should we go down now?" I ask. "Yeah, come on." I follow Aaron down the stairs and into the kitchen where Garroth is helping Aphmau carry plates over to the outdoor table. "Hey! We decided to eat outside since the sunset and weather are gorgeous." Garroth says. "Cool," Aaron says as we join in on the table setting. We all sat down at the table, eating the amazingly good potatoes. I was lookin at the sunset that was just peering over the water. I find sunsets very calming and nice. Their beautiful colors fill the sky, it's amazing. I guess I had been staring at the explosion of colors for a while because I heard Aphmau call my name before she poked me with the rounded end of her fork. "Hey! What was that for?!" I questioned. "You were staring at the sun. That's bad for your eyes! You of all people don't want to take that chance." She says with a smug look on her face as she finishes her statement. I hear Garroth and Aaron chuckle a bit. "What are you laughing at, you're the one who caused this." I say pointing at Garroth. "Well you shouldn't have gotten in the way of the snowball" He says right back at me, the joking smile never leaving his face. "There's no way I can win this fight, is there?" I cross my arm as Aphmau responds "Yep!"