Chapter 15

(Nobody's POV) "What are we going to do?" Rachel questioned "The GF are bound to find us at some point, we have nowhere to run when they do, and we have no idea if whoevers behind the GF knows about Zane." "It's unsure now, but I'm sure we'll be able to find more information soon! Right Garte?" Zianna asked almost helplessly. Not only worried for her son, but worried for everybody in the group. "I'm not sure. But one thing I am sure of is that none of this involves you, Garroth, me and maybe Zane," Garte said strictly. "Garte you can't be serious," Derik said. "I do what is best for my family. If that means leaving this place, so be it," Garte informed. "Zianna?" Derik questioned, hoping the lady would have more consideration for his family. "I want my children to be safe. I'd hate to leave you in a situation like this, but my sons come first in my life," Zianna explained. "You have no idea if Zane could be involved in what they want! It could be dangerous for him to go!" Derik practically yelled. A pause grew over the group. "We'd leave him with you.." Garte said, breaking the short silence. "What?! Garte, that's our son you're talking about!" Zianna complained. "He's dangerous enough on his own. Adding onto that there's the chance the GF wants him! As long as we get Garroth off this island we are safe!" Garte argued. The argument pushes out Rachel and Derik and only stays with the couple.
"I wont leave my son on some island knowing that he could be in danger!" "He could fend for himself. I'm doing this for my family's safety!" "I won't leave without him." "Nobodys leaving, because nobodys going to get the chance to leave." Derik butted in. "Even if either one of you left with your sons, they have pictures. The GF would track you down easily." Derik explained. With that, another silence was spread. "Seeing as this conversation is gonna get us nowhere, I'm gonna head to bed." Garte said. "Goodnight." and with that he left the room. Rachel turned to Zianna. opening her mouth to speak, but getting interrupted. "He does care about Zane. I know he does." Zianna said, sounding as though she was trying to convince herself more that she was Derik and Rachel. "I'll let you two sleep. Good night," Zianna said as she too walked to the door, shutting it lightly. "Well we never got to talk about if the GF found us," Rachel said. "I feel bad for Zane," Derik said. Again, the conversation changed from what they were meant to talk about. "I'm sure they'll come around. Now. We should rest and pick this up tomorrow," Rachel said. (Garroths POV) I was sitting on the counter, Zane next to me cleaning up the dishes. The TV was running in the other room. I'm not really sure who turned it on, but whoever did already left. "How ya doin'?" I asked Zane. "I'm fine, Garroth. I don't know why you all were so worried about this," Zane said, sounding somewhat annoyed. "Well you did get shot," I explained. "It's only reasonable for us to worry." "I know. But I'm fine. You really don't have to stand here. Go chill or something," Zane said. "Zane, I really don't mind hanging out with you," I said. "Well you got to want to do something else other than watch me wash dishes. Go do it." "Why do you want me gone?" I asked, genuinely confused. Why does he not want me to stay around? "If I'm annoying you I can stay quiet," I offered. "No, no! You're fine," he said. "Sorry. I guess I'm just tired." This time he sounded more dazed. I hopped off the counter and walked over to Zane. He had paused doing the dishes and was using his hands, which were gripping the edge of the counter, to stabilize himself. "Zane, I think we should go back to our room and lay down," I suggested. "Yeah," He responded faintly. We walked back to our room, leaving the dishes in the sink. "I'm gonna go ask Lucinda something," I said once Zane had sat down on the bed. "Okay," He responded. "Just don't tell her about this. It's not that big of a deal. I'm just tired." That was unfortunate to hear his request because that's exactly what I was going to Lucinda for. "Well what if Lucinda has a potion that could help?" I questioned. "Garroth, Lucinda has also been trapped on this island, and in this house, with us. She wouldn't have the supplies to make potions. Plus I don't really want to have ANY potion near me," Zane said. For a second, I was confused on why he would refuse the potion, but then it hit me. The lodge. "Oh. Okay," I said. I hadn't realised that the lodge, more specifically the potion, had affected him to the point that a potion would be haunting. It's understandable though. From what I know, it's the same with Aphmau, and probably Aaron too. "Well...Try and sleep," I said. Sorry, Zane. Closing the door, I walk down to Lucinda's room. Well, Lucinda and Kim's room. I knock on the door, patiently waiting for an answer. Kim opens the door. "Oh! Hey, Garroth!" She says sweetly. "Can I help you?" "Hey! Um. Actually, I came for Lucinda. Is she here?". I ask, scanning the part of the room I could see through the door. "Yep! I'm right here," Lucinda said, coming from around the door. "Would you like me to leave so you guys can talk or..?" Kim asks, pointing both of her thumbs towards the door. "You don't have too. I just wanted to talk about Zane," I say. "Is he okay?" Lucinda questioned almost instantly. "Uh...Kind of? I was with him doing the dishes and he somewhat shut down a bit. He basically looked like he was gonna faint." I explained, fumbling on words here and there. I didn't want to worry Lucinda and Kim, and I wanted to at least half keep my somewhat-what promise with Zane and not make it a big deal. "Oh..Poor Zane," Kim said, kind and thoughtful like always. "I could probably run out to a store and see if there would be anything I could use to whip up a potion," Lucinda suggested. "As much as I'd love for that to happen, Zane told me not to do that. I'm not supposed to be telling you this anyway," I explained. Oh." There was a pause in the room. "He also said that he wouldn't want a potion near him anyway. I think it has to do with the lodge." I said breaking the silence.