Chapter 3

Today was the day Aaron planned on taking Aphmau down to a tree surrounded beach and get on one knee. He told Garroth and I that he'd take Aphmau early in the morning, and asked that we had dinner ready by 6 o'clock, the time he and Aphmau would get home. Obviously we agreed to making dinner and promised everything would be ready by 6. Now it was 9:30 am and the couple had already set off. I had gotten downstairs before Garroth so I decided to make him breakfast. A while ago I started focusing on my weight, seeing as the hated name Aphmau called me was based on it, and other reasons too. I started eating less and less and exercising more. Garroth was proud I was getting exercise but not so happy I was skipping meals. I still do skip meals, like I plan to now, and I am underweight, but that doesn't matter. I heard Garroths footsteps trudging down the wooden stairs. "Morning' baby bro" I tired blond said, rubbing his eyes. "Hey, I made eggs if you want them." I already knew he'd want to eat them so I had made a plate and slid it to him. "Thanks, they look good." Garroth picked up his fork and dug in. We talked back and forth a bit while he ate."Hey are you gonna eat?" He questioned, most of the way done with his plate. "Oh, I'm not very hungry" I say blankly. He raises his eyebrow. "Do you want me to get Aph and her chancla?" Garroth says jokingly. "HAH! You can't, Aaron already took Aphmau!" I respond to the joking matter. We chuckle a bit before Garroth breaks it. "Ok, now eat" he says, his face becoming serious. "Garroth, I'm not hungry" I say drowsily. "Oh my Irene zane, when I said you needed to get fit I meant in a healthy way." Garroth says. "Fine! I'll eat! Irene..." I say turning to the plate of eggs. "I'm just trying to keep my baby brother safe," my dearest and only older brother says, sounding satisfied. (Aarons POV) It took some walking but we had finally made it to the beach. I told Aphmau we were going there for a picnic, which was not fully a lie. But I planned this to be a special picnic, one she would never forget, hopefully for a good reason. When we got there I helped Aphmau set up a blanket so we could sit without sand itching our skin. We ate our sandwiches we had packed for our late lunch. And I put the blanket back into the basket. Aphmau had walked down to the water and was standing so the ocean just covered the bottom of her feet. Sun rays showed down on her tan skin and lit up her eyes. She looked amazing, breathtaking. I knew this was the right time. Taking the small red box that had been sitting at the bottom of the basket, I walked over to Aphmau. "Aaron, look how pretty the water is" She beamed, turning to face me. "Aphmau" I said in a calm voice. The smile on her face faded as she looked at me, waiting. "We've had a tough relationship. High School, collage, your mom, the lodge..." I trailed o, both of us looking down from the terrible memories. "You were the only thing that got me through all this. I don't ever want to lose you. I want to be with you forever." I looked into her Amber eye, glazed with tears but a sweet, sympathetic smile spread across her face. I reached in my pocket and started to kneel down. Aphmau's face looked shocked. "Aphmau, you are the light of my life and I never want that to fade....Will you marry me?" I open the box to show the ring. Aphmau's hands cover her mouth, her eyes glissen even more and as small water droplets start to fall out. I get nervous. "YES, YES, YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!" I hear Aphmau say. Before I ever think I stand up, pulling Aphmau into a hug. After a second we pull back and come face to face, still in each others arms. I pull her into a kiss, not letting go. NEVER letting go.(Zane POV)The rest of the day went by somewhat fast. Garroth and I mostly talked about whatever. It was now 5:32 pm. Garroth was in the grilling burgers while I chopped up vegetables. "Zane! Aphmau and Aaron should be coming home soon. How are the vegetables?" I hear Garroth's voice get louder as he turns the corner, walking into the kitchen. "Good" I respond blankly. I turn and see Garroth with a plate of burgers. "Here, we're gonna eat outside again so why don't you put them on that table" I say. "Ok!" The blond haired boy says, tail swaying back and forth. I know I've thought it a million times but I can't get used to Garroth as a wolf. I had just finished placing the cut up vegetables on the table when the door opened. Two smiley faced people walked in, holding hands tightly. "Soooooo?" Garroth questioned. Without saying anything Aphmau held her hand up, showing a small shiny diamond attached to a silver ring. Garroth shoots his arms up then pumps them back down as if his favorite team just won a game. Aaron laughs. "Well it's quite a walk from here to thats beach, and I'm starving!" he says. "Well you're lucky the food is ready and set out." I say, pointing my thumb towards the outdoor table. Aphmau and Garroth walk to where I had pointed. "Hey, thanks for dinner." Aarons says, walking closer to me. "Well congratulations. She's a lucky girl." Aaron chuckles at my response. "I'm a lucky man. now come on, I'm hungry." I followed Aaron to the table and sat down next to my brother and the soon to be wed couple.